2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Civic for 10 days and scratched and dented the passenger door this morning on a gate post. Gutted! Main Dealer quoted me €800 to repair. Have a few contacts, will surely get it done cheaper. Oh what a bad day!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I reversed my 91 mini out of a drive and took out my mates wall:eek: that was quite embarrassing!!! but to showed how strong my mini was! its always horrible when stuff like this happens, try getting some other quotes from other companies as honda like ripping people off!!

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it sorted out bud.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
hi mate the reason its cost so much is that they dont just spray the door, if its the front passenger door they will spray the wing aswell and if its the rear door then your rear quarter panel will be sprayed its so it blends in and doesn't show but i wouldn't use the dealer you will save taking it to someone else but ask to see there work and ask about guarantee,my cars got to go back for a third time with honda because of paint runs etc i wouldn't use them again but anyway good luck with yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks a lot all, I've got a few people to get quotes from, I know one of them does a quality job, I've seen his work on a mates car, will have to wait and see. Can't wait to get it sorted as it looks horrible at the moment.
scrape.jpg

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
I gutted my dad's Accord on a low wall 2 weeks ago... *deep shame*

btw, repair costs: 1100 € or 2-3000 € if they replace the whole piece...

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
oh and cdj, you were lucky... had someone trash the whole left side of my Civic a couple of months ago... door and rear mirror replaced, serious bodywork... 6600€... that guy will live on bread and water for the rest of his life...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, good news, I've had 2 quotes, both are €150. Main Dealer €800? They are away with the fairies! So will hope fully get it sorted very shortly. Yippee.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
150 is not that bad I guess. But there are better ways to spend it I guess. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, got my car back today after having the damage repaired. 99.5% happy with the job, there is a slight blemish, but if you didn't know what had happened you wouldn't know anything had happened. Looks good!
And it did cost €150 as quoted.
Next project............Type R rear spoiler!

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
as long as it doesn't bother you then all is good the thing is you will always tell its been painted because honda factory finishes have orange peel effect and when you get it repaired its probably got a smooth finish so in my opinion it would never be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts