2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Jst thought of saying HELLO to ya all.I'm an international student from edinburgh and has joined this forum since few weeks ago and has been following the forum closely since then. From the threads that i have read everyone here seems nice and friendly. GOOD STUFF!
I do not currently own a civic but will get one soon! Jst got my uk licence few days ago and am currently looking for a used honda civic. Thanks to this forum, i managed to learn about the good things about civic, the faults that i need to look out for and many other stuff too before buying a civic. Thumbs up to the *** who created this website!

p/s: while looking for a used car( 5 door SE), will u guys buy a car a) 2007 57 plate model with 10k mileage or b) 2008 08 plate model with 19k mileage. Both have the same specs and the price difference is only 500quid. Would be glad for any advice and opinions.

Cheers! and wish ya all a great day!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no idea why is there *** on the post i wrote. Basically i dont mean "ass". What i wrote was "***". So thank you for the people who created this website. lol.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
LMAO - welcome along mate.

Don't mind the forum censor, it has the best intentions of times but doesn't always work to plan.

Regarding on what best to buy?

Test drive BOTH of them and see which one is better. You can't tell for sure whether a car is good or bad by the year or mileage. You need to be driving it and only you can tell which one is right for you.

If you really want to be careful, get the car inspected by a 3rd party company like the AA or Dekra, it does cost money but it will save you money and heartache in the long run.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice kimotherapy.
Your nick and the picture jst matched.
Have u watched Team America: World Police?
THat movie made fun on the north korean leadera and is hella funny.
Thanks again.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Harroo! ronery, I am so ronery.....

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
sighh a rittle ronery....poor rittle..meeeeeeeeeee

Welcome to the forum!

5 door SE eh? yeahhhhh 8)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site :)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Go for the 08, it has a better safety rating... :D

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Get the newer model - mileage in itself means little (unless very high) - the age of the vehicle is more important ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts