2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I've had a bit of a search around the forum and I can't find anything conclusive regarding this question.

I have a 59 plate Type S which has the USB and Aux jacks in the arm-rest cubby hole, and I'm looking at upgrading to a nice double din unit, but just wondered if there's any way to keep these working. Trying my best to keep everything as OEM as possible!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hi Guys!

I've had a bit of a search around the forum and I can't find anything conclusive regarding this question.

I have a 59 plate Type S which has the USB and Aux jacks in the arm-rest cubby hole, and I'm looking at upgrading to a nice double din unit, but just wondered if there's any way to keep these working. Trying my best to keep everything as OEM as possible!
I doubt they'll have standard connectors on the other end of the cables, best bet would be to try to replace them, the aux cable can be replaced by just a standard 3.5mm extension, which you can fix in place somehow, and the USB can be done by a USB extension cable too which should maybeeee clip in place?

All depends on the other end of the cables though, but OEM stuff is rarely generic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt they'll have standard connectors on the other end of the cables, best bet would be to try to replace them, the aux cable can be replaced by just a standard 3.5mm extension, which you can fix in place somehow, and the USB can be done by a USB extension cable too which should maybeeee clip in place?

All depends on the other end of the cables though, but OEM stuff is rarely generic.
Yeah I was afraid that was the case, but I have been surprised in the past by some nice touches (such as my last car having a completely standard ISO connector on the radio, so no adapters needed!)

I'm guessing the USB must just be the standard red, white, green and black so I could always solder a female USB header on inside the arm wrest so that it looks OEM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts