2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My armrest seems to be "loose", i.e wobbles from side to side excessively when open or closed, however not as bad when closed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks
Rik

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
Mine also does that, just a bit of rubbish design combined with substandard/cheap plastic parts. You'll either have to live with it or try and see if you can tighten it up a bit, if you figure it out, post a how to on here. It doesn't really bother me tbh.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
^ yup

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Just tighten the bolts under the four caps, two either side, should sort you out
This. Dont overdo the rear bolts though as they will get stuck in the plastic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the 4 screws still apply when it's the armrest wobbling and not the actual centre console?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Is it the armrest lid/door which is loose?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes seems to be the lid. Il maybe just have to lift the whole lot off and investigate...

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Probably some loose screws or nuts somewhere. Its fairly easy to remove the centre console. Make sure you disconnect the cig lighter before pulling it out though.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
You don't need to remove the center console just pop the top open and then take it apart by unclipping the top alcantra or leather covered from the bottom part which is plastic. Just be careful the plastic clips break fairly easily. After that you can tighten the screws.
There is a thread on that somewhere here, I'll add a link when I find it.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/64066-leather-armrest.html

I've used nobbymph pics to guide me when I disassembled my armrest so his guide is pretty good with one exception, to gain better access to the deepest screws it's advisable to pop open the plastic cover on the rear of the middle tunnel, I can't remember if you have to remove the rear two (bottom) screws for that or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts