2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i'm searching for a predisposition of new tweeters in my civic type S. i saw there are some adapter for the corner of the window but i don't like them because they're not so stable and i don't find where to buy them... i'm thinking about those two triangles on the sides of the speedometer because they are directed towards the driver, anyone knows if it's possible?

thank's you very much for the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one answered me then i'll answer myself :p
those two triangles are not empty behind, they have a thick plastic grid so it is impossible to make a hole to fit the tweeters... however the material of almost all the dashboard is not hard but soft then i don't know if is proper for sticking a tweeter support on it, if any one has an experience to share i will be happy to listen him :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
no one answered me then i'll answer myself :p
those two triangles are not empty behind, they have a thick plastic grid so it is impossible to make a hole to fit the tweeters... however the material of almost all the dashboard is not hard but soft then i don't know if is proper for sticking a tweeter support on it, if any one has an experience to share i will be happy to listen him :)
What is wrong with updating the OEM tweeters like many others have?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is wrong with updating the OEM tweeters like many others have?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH my dear i don't have the oem tweeters, i have those useful plastic pieces without the hole :worms: and i don't find the replacement with the tweeters predisposition :police:

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Not sure why you don't have the OEM tweeters, all Civic's come with them. Yours is a 2011 plate so there should be OEM tweeters there. Just replace them with the tweeters you want. If they don't fit then make them fit, all part of the fun!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
maybe you don't understand, this is my plastic panel near the wing mirror:

i know, i'm unlucky but however i don't even find where to buy the pieces with the tweeter's hole :(

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
The locations you have shown are not speaker grills or any kind of mesh grill.
Try contacting Cox motorparts for a price and see if it is a full kit for both sides.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's only looking for the housing therefore no need for any mesh or grill as the speakers that will be purchased will come with all this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those two triangles are existing in two versions: with or without the tweeters predisposition... i'm searching for the plastic pieces, i don't want even the tweeters, i will buy a 2 way coral kit (dlk 165)...

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Yeah so you're only looking for parts 4 and 5. Contact them using the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of the page. Give them both part numbers and you should be okay to go.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's only looking for the housing therefore no need for any mesh or grill as the speakers that will be purchased will come with all this.
For the pictured he used on post 1
They are not grills so if he wants to add a speaker their it will be no use since the sound will be blocked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
even because if i make a grill and fit the tweeter on it, the sound would not be angolated.. however now i asked if they send to italy :) someone can measure the diameter of the hole??

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
For the pictured he used on post 1
They are not grills so if he wants to add a speaker their it will be no use since the sound will be blocked.
I know but I'm assuming he want's to remove the ones he has in place for the housing that actually has a space for a tweeter therefore there's no need for the ones he has shown in post 1.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finally got it! thank you so much guys, you are really helpfull! with 40£ now my car is ready for new speakers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts