2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new car is great accept the god damn radio yet again :evil:

I have static on it almost all the time and having messed around with the stations etc discovered that radio 1 cuts out every few minutes not that I listen to radio 1 much but its not the point.

The static isn't as bad as the previous car but even so it would be nice to have a clear reception its not like I live in the deepest depths of the forest.

Am I being too fussy, its driving me mad I just got back from a 20 minute journey with steam coming out my ears :cry:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
rubbish radio in sussex now a lot better

did you see my previous post about a faulty? AS button
I switched mine off and on and then off
it is now not perfect but useable and now when it fades after a few seconds it retunes itself we listen to radio 2 and in area east sussex there are two many channels for it to makes its mind up

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see your post and messing around with the AS button doesnt make a difference, its just so frustrating when my previous car (although it didn't have a concealed aerial) had clear reception all the time.

I dont want to have to listen to it like that long term.

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears to do it on manual and AS, its soooooooooooooo frustrating and bloody irritating. :roll:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
My biggest issue with the radio is the RDS not picking up the channels when I have not listened to a channel, travel to a different frequency area, turn it back on and just get crackles. Mind you I did notice on the EX, stick the display on Audio and although you have put the preset in on the channel you were listening to it was only listed as a frequency, for example preset 1 was 99.1, at home is Radio1, in B'Ham at the office I don't know. Actually saved the preset again in the audio menu and it listed it as Radio1.

Not had the problem lately, may just be coincedence (coincidence). (luck)

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to write to Honda Uk (again)!!

Ask them how they intend to rectify it, clearly there is a problem with the stereo/aeriel somewhere, maybe they used a batch of faulty aerials!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I noticed ONCE a quick channel search on my radio. Though i've only driven for about 2 or 3 hours i cant really comment how it is. Today im driving a 500 km radius so that should be a real test to the radio, i'll let you know how it goes :twisted:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
honda customer service

I contacted honda c/s and they said they were not going to do anything more as they have done tests etc and they think it is good enough
I told them I did not think there was any point in fitting a radio which you cannot use.

They told me to contact local dealer, I have and he agrees with me that it is not right awaiting outcome

·
您看了
456 Posts
Interesting subject.....

I have an ongoing issue with my radio on FM. Reception is fine but every so often all sound disapears. Most of the time its just about half a word sound dip, but on odd occations the sound has totally disapeared for 5minutes.
Everything else works fine (CD, MW etc) but FM is soundless. The screen still shows the station tuned and the stereo & RDS icons are lit. But no sound.

I've been speaking to my Dealer and they have acknowledged that 1 staff car had the same issue but don't know what it is. Honda technical have also informed them that they have a tech looking into (Thankfully they have experienced it themselves) it but so far have not found the cause and it is totally baffeled them.

As I find out more I will post it here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have also been very frustrated with the radio reception, especially as I like radio 3, which, being classical, is barely listenable to. It also means my ipod via fm doesn't sound great. Yesterday I took the dealer out for a drive and he agreed it was crap (that's a first!). He had a look in the workshop and says there's definitely a fault and he's going to try changing over the signal booster that's "in the back". I will keep pestering them until they get it working.

What he said did make me think though, does anyone know how to get at the booster (potsy?) because it just might (and its a long shot) have the correct wiring to fit a generic Dension Ice>Link ipod adapter to it, rather than to the back of the radio, which doesn't work?

Just a thought.
Roger

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
radio reception

there is more going on than they are telling us

I drove from east sussex to kent a couple of weeks ago and radio2 worked fine

Nobody at honda's c/s told me i had a signal booster

I wonder whats really going they will have to do something

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Come to think of it, when I was looking around at the car, the dealer was very keen to mention the poor local signal.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
radio

my salesman said i didn't have radio tuned in properly
he retuned it and said it was because there garage is in dip
the garage are trying to help
still a cracking car just minor problems
but we have paid good money so i hope this will be resolved

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Roger Harris said:
I have also been very frustrated with the radio reception, especially as I like radio 3, which, being classical, is barely listenable to. It also means my ipod via fm doesn't sound great. Yesterday I took the dealer out for a drive and he agreed it was crap (that's a first!). He had a look in the workshop and says there's definitely a fault and he's going to try changing over the signal booster that's "in the back". I will keep pestering them until they get it working.

What he said did make me think though, does anyone know how to get at the booster (potsy?) because it just might (and its a long shot) have the correct wiring to fit a generic Dension Ice>Link ipod adapter to it, rather than to the back of the radio, which doesn't work?

Just a thought.
Roger
basically, the booster will be a aerial gain device, similar to the ones used in VAG cars, and also for Freeview set top aerials.

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with you Geoff - a cracking car but an irritating problem that must be sorted!!

I have informed my dealer and will be writing to Honda UK this weekend and will let you know how I get on. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Topcat said:
I agree with you Geoff - a cracking car but an irritating problem that must be sorted!!

I have informed my dealer and will be writing to Honda UK this weekend and will let you know how I get on. :roll:
don't write to them..... ring them! They're pretty decent guys (and gals) over there.

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I could ring them but I would rather complain in writing that way it is official and my dealership will know exactly what I have said.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts