2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is this a normal problem!?

When I first brought my car around 2 years back it was fine, never really heard a squeak from her and she felt sturdy. Now whenever I'm driving on a bumpy road parts of my interior dashboard squeak quite a lot, it's driving me insane!!

Is this something that's relatively common or something I should probably look into?

Thanks peeps :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think that is one of "sicknesses" of this car along with squeky clutch etc.

I can hear my dash as well...

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
I had this on mine, it was the windscreen. On the outside pull up the plastic trim which touches the windscreen at the bottom. Fit some draft excluded to the screen, pop back the plastic & cut off any overlap of excluder with a sharp blade. That solved my squeak - common problem.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that is one of "sicknesses" of this car along with squeky clutch etc.

I can hear my dash as well...
Good to know, as long as mine isn't the only one in the world! Thanks :)

Maybe the squeaks are caused by taking the dash apart, whilst fitting your mp3 unit?
I did think this too but the squeak is so hard to find exactly where it's coming from it's difficult to put right once it starts. It dose't seem to be coming from the HU area more so the drivers door area. The HU does squeak a little but I'm presuming that's more to do with the connects2 kit and the cheap plastic that is used. I can live with the HU creaking a little but my car just seems to be developing more and more squeaks as time goes on!! :(

I had this on mine, it was the windscreen. On the outside pull up the plastic trim which touches the windscreen at the bottom. Fit some draft excluded to the screen, pop back the plastic & cut off any overlap of excluder with a sharp blade. That solved my squeak - common problem.
Cheers will look into this I'd of never guessed it could have been the windscreen. i think part of it all is due to he suspension being so hard so when you live in the country like me the rough bumps and potholes you driveler every day vibrate through the panels in your car loosening them up.

If only they'd of used softer suspension ::facepalm:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I did my scuttle panel while I fitted the forward strut brace and it made a massive improvement.
The parcel shelf can be very annoying too, I ran a layer of fabric tape down the landing area of the rear side panels which silenced it.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Ha. Does anyone remember the good old ep3 window rattle? ;)

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Are the exterior panels in front of your wing mirrors secure? - they can cause annoying squeaks/rattles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers peeps, I'll have a look at this windscreen panel :D

Are the exterior panels in front of your wing mirrors secure? - they can cause annoying squeaks/rattles.
What do you mean my exterior panels? On the outside? Because if so it's definitely not coming from the outside! I'll check the inside where the door card is though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts