2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys,

I promised I would get some pics up after my big clean weekend so here they are. More pics will follow when I find a nice place to take some out door shots. All in all it took me 6 hours.

For any one wanting some Collinite 915 Wax I have some for sale just click this link: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/sale-wanted/19216-collinite-915-marque-d-elegance-wax.html

BEFORE WASH (DIRTY)
18102008144.jpg

AFTER WASH, RINSE, AND DRY WITH MICROFIBRE
18102008145.jpg

AFTER FULL CLAY TREATMENT
18102008146.jpg

ANOTHER CLAY SHOT!
18102008147.jpg

THEN AFTER ANOTHER RINSE AND DRY, AUTOGLYM SRP ALL OVER USING ORBITAL
18102008148.jpg

DRESSED TYRES, THEN APPLICATION OF COLLINITE 915 BY HAND AND BUFFED OFF (HARD WORK)
19102008150.jpg

SOME MORE PICS
19102008152.jpg

19102008151.jpg

19102008153.jpg

19102008155.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
MR JP....As i have said before silver is the ONLY color for the CTR...Add to that a splash of TLC ...and what you have is one hell of a cool lookin car man ....Credit to ya ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thankyou, I was really worn out afterwards, especially after the clay bar treatment, still it's worth it in the end.

Just for anyone interested here is a list of the products I used:

TurtleWax Car Shampoo (I ran out of my usual stuff)
Meguiars Microfibre Wash Mitt
Meguiars Water Magnet Microfibre
Autoglym Wheel Cleaner
Carplan Foaming Tyre-Shine
Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Collinite 915 Wax (For Sale Here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/sale-wanted/19216-collinite-915-marque-d-elegance-wax.html)
Autoglym Super Hi-Tech Polishing Microfibre (RED)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Silver looks smart. The thing i like about it is, it doesnt show dirt easily. You cant beat the shine on a milano tho! hehehe

915 is easy to buff off, i suspect you are putting too much on. Thought about trying BH autobalm? Makes it look wetter and more durable, but its a pain in the a**e to buff off!!

Mr JP, bet you spent a fair load on your products!! lol

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
nice job

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Most waxes are hard to buff off if you leave them on too long.
Do a panel at a time, then buff and move onto the next.
You will find that the second coat is easier to buff and can be left on a little longer.
BTW..if you want to add another coat immediately, then wet the car lightly with a spray of water and dry off. This will harden the wax and make it ready for the next coat

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Nice clean and shiney :cool: I love Rage wheels !!!! Hopefully get it someday

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
MR JP....As i have said before silver is the ONLY color for the CTR...Add to that a splash of TLC ...and what you have is one hell of a cool lookin car man ....Credit to ya ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

Actually its available in other colours too [smilie=cheeky-grin: [/SIZE]

Nice work JP ..... i bet it bloody rained not aftyer too

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
D'ya know it hasn't yet rained but I noticed morning due sitting on the roof but because of the wax it all ran off while driving.

:)

I'm still debating whether it's worth changing to the new CW one or just treat mine to splitters, new sports exhaust and ecu???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts