2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after selling my Fn2, I was looking to get the new Type R. Then I was mulling over an s2000 for some RWD fun :police:

I then saw a blue FD2 for sale, the colour took me so I had to view it.

So now I have this :)

Car has been in the UK since 2008. It had been wrapped in matte black for 3 years of it's life until April this year, the paintwork is in fantastic condition.

It has a few mods:
Mugen RR style carbon fibre bonnet
Mugen Front splitter
Mugen Wind deflectors
Kenwood double din
DC sports back box
Rota Torque alloys

I've got to say that this car is a bit of a weapon... My FN2 was farely modded, with the usual bolt ons remap lsd and coilovers and much more. The FD2 is faster (top end really), it handles better. The interior quality is so much better in terms of looks and feel.
Shifting gears feels nice, brakes are fantastic.

I'll be honest I don't think the ride quality is all that bad in these either. It handles speedbumps a lot nicer than my FN.

Any mod plans? Looking to get a flashpro and an intake to gain a little midrange and remove that speed limiter :popcorn2:

I've got a question for you guys, is anyone on the FD2 owners forum? i've registered but been waiting a week for activation. i've sent a message to the group on fb but nothing...

Attachments

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
B E A UTIFUL! My dream car (one which I could actually have) and being 4 door can count as a family car ;)

Reactions: 4shm3x

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
So after selling my Fn2, I was looking to get the new Type R. Then I was mulling over an s2000 for some RWD fun olice:

I then saw a blue FD2 for sale, the colour took me so I had to view it.

So now I have this :)

Car has been in the UK since 2008. It had been wrapped in matte black for 3 years of it's life until April this year, the paintwork is in fantastic condition.

It has a few mods:
Mugen RR style carbon fibre bonnet
Mugen Front splitter
Mugen Wind deflectors
Kenwood double din
DC sports back box
Rota Torque alloys

I've got to say that this car is a bit of a weapon... My FN2 was farely modded, with the usual bolt ons remap lsd and coilovers and much more. The FD2 is faster (top end really), it handles better. The interior quality is so much better in terms of looks and feel.
Shifting gears feels nice, brakes are fantastic.

I'll be honest I don't think the ride quality is all that bad in these either. It handles speedbumps a lot nicer than my FN.

Any mod plans? Looking to get a flashpro and an intake to gain a little midrange and remove that speed limiter opcorn2:

I've got a question for you guys, is anyone on the FD2 owners forum? i've registered but been waiting a week for activation. i've sent a message to the group on fb but nothing...
I'm on the site. It was forsale on there, what's your username and ill try to send a message to admin

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Lovely motor, good health to enjoy

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,129 Posts
Nice motor. I think it's the better option to the new CTR because you won't lose a lot of money on a FD2.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rocker cover was looking worse for wear so i decided to repaint it..
Before:

After:

Spark cover and inlet mani will be going black later in the week :). Need to get a better looking fuel rail also..

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
The lower winscreen cowl is supposed to be removed in order to remove the rocker cover - at least according to the service manual....

Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I had a friend help guide it back on, but it can be easily done without scratching it. And even if you do scratch the top/rear of the cover it won't be seen once the windscreen cowl is back on.

To remove the rocker cover:
1. Remove the windscreen cowl as Chris say's, this is just held in with clips so just pop it off. Before you pull it away from the car, disconnect the washer jet hose on the right hand side of the car.

2. Remove the metal heatshield that is hidden by the windscreen cowel. You'll need a 10mm and 12mm socket with an extension bar. There are 3 bolts on each side. And one at the far back in the middle (where the extension bar comes in handy). Have a set of pliers for the front bolts that have rubber threads at the bottom.

3. Next remove the 4 bolts for the spark cover, then remove the coil packs and push the leads away and behind the cover.

4. Undo the bolts that are holding the pipe and it's bracket to the left. Then undo the bolts holding the bracket to the right. Squeeze the clamp holding the rubber hose onto the cover and pull the hose away.

5. By the serpentine/aux belt there are two little bolts holding a pipe that goes over the rocker. Remove these bolts (a little coolant will come out but don't worry). These need to be removed as it get's in the way of the cover.

6. Undo the 6 bolts holding the cover down. And pull it away. Simple! I will say, that when putting the rocker back on, don't tighten the rocker nuts too tight. The studs are made of chalk and snap easily, I found out the hard way :p.

Recently i've painted the rocker cover again, painted the spark cover. And painted the inlet manifold, engine mount and some other parts to freshen the bay up as it was all dirty and horrible :(.

These pictures are a work in progress, and have done more than is in this photo. Just haven't had time to go take another yet.

Next up is new bolts and hoses, and more cleaning up in the bay!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts