2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a member on here for a while and have had my Fn2 for 2 awesome years.

I decided I should get a build thread up!

Previous to my R r I had owned was a 5 door 2.2 in cosmic grey, but I couldn't get rid of that itch for a type r i've always wanted one. My family have always had Hondas so from when I was young I had been in CRX's, Integras, Preludes and Ep3's.

So I got one!

Here's how it looked when I first got the car.

Then I got a Civinfo sticker, another sticker from gers. Japseed short shifter, Skunk2 gear knob, Heko Wind deflectors and AppRadio 3.

I then got a HKS RSk + flashpro and had it mapped by vit viper.
Car sounded great and pulled well, massive improvement over stock but i think that was down to the remap.

I then had eEibach springs, Milltek non res exhaust, and MR JP's 6000k HID Kit.

Next was my Type R Kits spoiler and rear splitter.

]

April this year I needed a new clutch, so i thought i'd get an LSD thrown into the gearbox and get the 3rd gear synchro issue fixed also(Honda UK gave me 2 hours free labour and I got the synchro set for £70) at the same time. Around this time I had the polybush engine inserts fitted (all 3). HEL braided brake lines, motul rbf fluid. Brembo plain front discs and ebc yellowstuff pads.

I've also got mtec discs and mintex pads on the rear.

I took the car on track for the first time at Snetterton, and what a blast the car handled great and performed well unfortunately at this time i had sold my flashpro because when the gearbox and clutch work was being carried out i seemed I needed a new flywheel. (clutch and flywheel lasted 84k miles)

I then ordered some Meister R coilovers and some Rota GR6 in matte grey and painted my calipers in yellow and Type R writing in black.

Bought another flashpro a month ago, as well as a tegiw mani.
Mapped by vit viper again. The car feels fantastic. Lots more power lower in the rev range.

And that's where i'm at with the car now.
I think i'll be looking at getting the front end resprayed and then possibly rrc and cams!

Mod list:
Engine
HKS RSK
Tegiwa Mani
Milltek non res
Flashpro + Remap

Styling:
Type R kits spoiler
Type R kits rear splitter
Rota GR6 in matte Grey
Heko Wind deflectors
Skunk2 Knob
Appradio 3
MR JP's 6000k HID Kit
Rear Sumo Vinyl
Domo Companion!

Handling:
Brembo Front plain discs + Yellow stuff pads
Mtec rear discs + Mintex pads
HEL braided lines and Motul fluid
Meister R Coilovers
Front FRS
Polybush engine mounts
Mfactory LSD

Alloys look very bronze in this, think it's the HDR setting

And me jump starting a pontiac leman 5.3 litre v8!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Your cars looking real good mate, credit to ya. what are the coilovers you have like just for daily driving as oppose to standard springs?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your cars looking real good mate, credit to ya. what are the coilovers you have like just for daily driving as oppose to standard springs?
I went from standard springs to Eibach 15mm lowering springs then to the Meisters.

The ride comfort is much better than stock or on Eibachs. Instead of harsh crashes you get soft bumps, don't get me wrong it doesn't eradicate everything but it's a lot better and totally bearable. And my damping is set quite on hard.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I went from standard springs to Eibach 15mm lowering springs then to the Meisters.

The ride comfort is much better than stock or on Eibachs. Instead of harsh crashes you get soft bumps, don't get me wrong it doesn't eradicate everything but it's a lot better and totally bearable. And my damping is set quite on hard.
So if you was in my position of currently running a stock suspension set up, would you jump straight into getting the meister's instead of Eibachs, also when running them meister's do you get a drop on the set up or do they sit the same height as stock springs?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if you was in my position of currently running a stock suspension set up, would you jump straight into getting the meister's instead of Eibachs, also when running them meister's do you get a drop on the set up or do they sit the same height as stock springs?
I'd get the meisters, better handling and more comfortable than the eibachs. You can adjust the damping to suit your needs soft for normal driving and hard for track!(mine are set quite hard for day to day).

They can sit the same height or close to it i believe. At the moment i'm about 25-30mm drop. It's adjustable

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I'd get the meisters, better handling and more comfortable than the eibachs. You can adjust the damping to suit your needs soft for normal driving and hard for track!(mine are set quite hard for day to day).

They can sit the same height or close to it i believe. At the moment i'm about 25-30mm drop. It's adjustable
Exactly what answer i was looking for mate as long as i can drop them 30mm il be happy, think thats on the list or things to purchase next.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the comments guys!

JP, I forgot to add your HID kit to my list of mods ;). And yes it's a bit of a weapon in the twisties, it's also got some straight line grunt but i'm wanting just that bit more. Faster than both my mates EP3's so i'm happy there :p

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Car looks immense mate. I'm at snetterton for a track evening on the 19th August if you're around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great in the track pictures, decent spec too.

What do you think to the engine mount inserts? Toying with some for mine, but it's a daily driver, only see's maybe 3 trackdays a year

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comments :)

Just get them done, they're cheap and they improve the car fantastically. Smoother gear changes, better traction and better handling. There are vibrations with all 3 but I can't feel them now probably due to them settling a little and me getting used to it. Mines a daily driver also.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Small update, got some new nuts for the wheels courtesy of Warwick. I've got a cover to go over the arm rest as mines worn (will upload a pic once fitted)
And i forgot to attach a pic of this little guy! (starting to wish i didn't buy 16 of them though haha)

uploadfromtaptalk1438349282908.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438349296665.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this mod project was short but i've decided to sell the car. I've got someone wanting to buy my car as it is minus the rotas and the meisters.
Car is on 90k with full service history. Bonnet chips and scuff on front bumper and couble little dings for car of that age. Am i being optimistic for asking for £6500 for it minus the meisters and rotas?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I don't think so. Considering the mods I'd be looking for upwards of £7k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts