2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have owned a 2.2 for 2 years and just bought my first Type R (08 GT).

I am a real clean freak and the horrible person who owned the Type R before me has taken the hot cigarette lighter and set it on the long slidy compartment blow it.

Have anyone Modified this comparment in any way? I dont want to look at a burn mark every day. It doesnt look like it would easily replaced.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Oh dear, I doubt you can buy the slider separately. Check the Lings site for an exploded parts diagram.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was nearly a deal breaker for me but I thought there might be some sort of phone holder insert or something i could get.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
HI mate,
This is just an Idea,
Is the burn at the very start of the sliding door ?
I know in my TypeS if you take the ashtray out the door will go all the way to the end with the ashtray removed.
What I'm thinking is this.
If the burn is at the start of the sliding door , you may be able to cut it out (Shorten the sliding door from the ashtray end) and still have enough door to go up to the ashtray with the ashtray back in place.
You may have to modify a bit but if the burn is at the start say within the first three slats on the sliding door you should be able to do this but will need to always keep the ashtray in place.

Photo would be good.
Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards
Supergunn.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hi Mate,
Just another idea,
You could badge it with the type R badge that some people put on near the gear stick.
I think Gers on this forum sells them.
Would look a lot better than the burn.
Kind Regards
Supergunn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts