2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new Civic back to the dealer to have a knocking noise at the front sorted out. I had had the car one week at that time; the knocking started after 2 days.

The service man rang my insurance company as I'm covered for 3rd party etc. on a courtesy car and Honda insist on comprehensive cover for their courtesy cars. My insurers told the guy it would cost £10-£15 to get comp. cover. He told me I could pay that or take Honda's cover for £10!!

He seemed surprised when I told him I had no intention of paying for insurance when I was having to take another car because of a fault on my brand new one and that I had already rung to tell them so when I got the letter confirming my car was booked in. Has anyone else come across this? I think it's outrageous.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Go for it chickenlegs, I have never paid for a courtesy car, or its insurance or even signed a form stating that I would be in for paying £250 or whatever towards an accident, in all the years that I have owned Honda's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I feel you chickenlegs... lol.

I had a problem with Ford on this very issue, and it came to a head when the service guy said we can't keep paying the insurance every time your car comes in. This was a brand new car that has been in the garage ten times in as many months from new! I'm afraid I totally lost it with him in the middle of the showroom :mad:.

Needless to say after that little scene the word 'insurance' has not been mentioned again in my presence ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts