2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are looking for an FN2 to test whether the Toda balancer shaft delete kit (which works well in the CL7/K20) fits.

The deal is that we will install the parts and create a blog and a magazine article. The labour will be done free of charge but unfortunately you will have to pay a reduced rate for the parts (if it works).

Ideally we would like a car that has a free flowing exhaust and intake already installed so that the test results are real and not constrained by flow restrictions, and we would like to have the car as soon as possible.

If there is no interest or we can't find a car quick enough, TPW has offered his car in early January.

Please let me know if you can help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
These parts in picture except the chain and propably tensioner are Civic FD2's OEM parts.
Is this right or wrong?

I've bought all these from HK for 275.00 euros+ carriage and tomorrow will be on.

A friend with a CW pay 700.00 euros+labour for the CL7 toda kit without the baffle plate!!:facepalm:

Lot of money for 5hp gain!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These parts in picture except the chain and propably tensioner are Civic FD2's OEM parts.
Is this right or wrong?

I've bought all these from HK for 275.00 euros+ carriage and tomorrow will be on.

A friend with a CW pay 700.00 euros+labour for the CL7 toda kit without the baffle plate!!:facepalm:

Lot of money for 5hp gain!!!:rolleyes:
Hi Allagios

Some of the components start life as OE parts then under go processing by Toda Racing to change the characteristics. Other components are original Toda Racing parts.

In addition to the performance gained by the reduction in parasitic losses, there is also a useful increase in oil pressure.

Kind regards

Mark

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Toda; where is the derv loving mate?

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
we will? apparently ash is paying for mine then :D
Hold on a minute, lol,

What i meant to say is "... and im sure Costel will be interested!" lol

[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Hello,

We are looking for an FN2 to test whether the Toda balancer shaft delete kit (which works well in the CL7/K20) fits.

The deal is that we will install the parts and create a blog and a magazine article. The labour will be done free of charge but unfortunately you will have to pay a reduced rate for the parts (if it works).

Ideally we would like a car that has a free flowing exhaust and intake already installed so that the test results are real and not constrained by flow restrictions, and we would like to have the car as soon as possible.

If there is no interest or we can't find a car quick enough, TPW has offered his car in early January.

How much are we talking.

To be honest, reading wikipedia it seams that balancer shaft is a pretty essential part of the engine design as the inline four is inherently unbalanced. Balance shaft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What differences would you notice with this kit, i.e. quicker revving engine without load, any increased vibrations etc? How much bhp increase would you expect on average?

Are there definitely no downsides like the engine shaking itself to bits after a few years of running the kit?

Sorry a lot of questions, just new to me this mod. :popcorn2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much are we talking.

To be honest, reading wikipedia it seams that balancer shaft is a pretty essential part of the engine design as the inline four is inherently unbalanced. Balance shaft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What differences would you notice with this kit, i.e. quicker revving engine without load, any increased vibrations etc? How much bhp increase would you expect on average?

Are there definitely no downsides like the engine shaking itself to bits after a few years of running the kit?

Sorry a lot of questions, just new to me this mod. :popcorn2:
The K20 in the FD2 and EP3 (and possibly other applications) do not run the balancer shaft.

I make the assumtion that the engine was "softened off" for the FN2 application which may suit some owners, whereas other owners may prefer to prioritise the performance.

There's no question of there being any vibration issues, but it may be wise to wait for some feedabck which should be forthcoming shortly :)

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
The K20 in the FD2 and EP3 (and possibly other applications) do not run the balancer shaft.

I make the assumtion that the engine was "softened off" for the FN2 application which may suit some owners, whereas other owners may prefer to prioritise the performance.

There's no question of there being any vibration issues, but it may be wise to wait for some feedabck which should be forthcoming shortly :)
Oh fair enough. I owned an EP3 before the FN2 and ran it with a Spoon ETD so I can stand that style of engine, so if there are no increased vibrations all the better.

Does that mean you have a volunteer? I was going to put my name forward if the price is right.

If you still need a volunteer, can you PM me the price and I will let you know if I've got deep enough pockets.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh fair enough. I owned an EP3 before the FN2 and ran it with a Spoon ETD so I can stand that style of engine, so if there are no increased vibrations all the better.

Does that mean you have a volunteer? I was going to put my name forward if the price is right.

If you still need a volunteer, can you PM me the price and I will let you know if I've got deep enough pockets.
A club member has kindly offered to loan us his car on Saturday so we should have completed the testing next week.

If there's an interesting story attached we'll probably do a blog :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hello,

you don't need to test to know if it fits bacause it fits fine as i have the toda kit in my fn2.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts