2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I currently own a civic type s but am considering buying a type r. My previous car before the type s was an Astra vxr nurburgring edition a car that I really loved for its raw pace.

I am just wondering if anyone else has went from an Astra vxr to a type r and what their thoughts are on both cars?

I really enjoy driving my type s and its feels a well built car, however I do miss the acceleration of the vxr.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Gotta laugh when this question comes up time and time again

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Type r of course... Why is that even being questioned? My opinion but you buy a vxr and can feel the cheap vauxhall interior and see the lack of styling improvements from any old astra.
Yea the vxr has the better bhp but i couldn't sacrifice a type r for the sake of 0.2s

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I drove an Astra VXR and thought that the steering wheel was there purely for decoration purposes as it certainly didnt make the car turn corners

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Type r of course... Why is that even being questioned? My opinion but you buy a vxr and can feel the cheap vauxhall interior and see the lack of styling improvements from any old astra.
Yea the vxr has the better bhp but i couldn't sacrifice a type r for the sake of 0.2s
After 60 the gap gets bigger with the torque coming into play but I'd never have one over my R.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Does everyone forget about the Type-R's rust, rattles, gearbox and clutch problems.
There not that well built.
Graham

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Keep type s save on insurance wait till new type R comes that's what I'm doing :) and as for The vxr don't get me started its crap cheap inside and out and is a total chav bucket dislike all vauxhalls always have always will

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
VXR is not cheap inside compared to a civic. The door cards and general solidness is much higher on the Astra. That's coming from someone who has largely dismantled most parts of both cars down to the shell. Simple things like the edges of of the rear hatch are not even finished on the civic. Just a load of sharp edges. That's not a reflection on the cars reliability though which is not great in most of the astra's aside from the entry level one's.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Does everyone forget about the Type-R's rust, rattles, gearbox and clutch problems.
There not that well built.
Graham
Mines not rusty, no rattles, no gear or clutch problems and its done 52000miles now. ;-)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
VXR is not cheap inside compared to a civic. The door cards and general solidness is much higher on the Astra. That's coming from someone who has largely dismantled most parts of both cars down to the shell. Simple things like the edges of of the rear hatch are not even finished on the civic. Just a load of sharp edges. That's not a reflection on the cars reliability though which is not great in most of the astra's aside from the entry level one's.
Boring and dull is cheap in my book fair enough quality of plastics might be better if they even are and it may have less rattles but by god the interior is dull step into a the new shape Subaru and its far more interesting to sit in and as the impreza is regarded as dull that's some going . Then you have the image and The badge and reliability and when u add that up it shows its cheap

Imagination costs nothing

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Have to agree. When I drove one every single panel rattled about. The seat felt like it was going to come off the rails every time it torque steered lol

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I borrowed a mates vxr for about 4 weeks (after he had a hip operation) & a stupid old man ran into the side of my old car at the same time.

I loved it for about the first week then after they 7 days I hated everything about them.

I would never in a life time swap my R for 1:D.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Boring and dull is cheap in my book fair enough quality of plastics might be better if they even are and it may have less rattles but by god the interior is dull step into a the new shape Subaru and its far more interesting to sit in and as the impreza is regarded as dull that's some going . Then you have the image and The badge and reliability and when u add that up it shows its cheap

Imagination costs nothing
Its dull as anything with the Astra but the underlying quality is there. Whats really interesting is that the quality of plastics in a 2000 civic is better than recent generations. Granted the 2000 civic feels abit spartan though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 60 Posts