2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Fitted Atomics 6 LED DRL's this afternoon.

I fastened them using Spring Toggle Plasterboard Fixings. (Which ment that the lights could be fitted without removing the Bumper)

The DRL's are to bright in the second photo as I connected to the wrong wire on the sidelights and the dimming is not being used, will fix tomorrow.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool!. And such a clever sod. How long do they take to fit?.��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About 30 minutes :D included routing all the wires and trial fixing the DRL's as I did not like the first position I put them in. It's probably a 20 min job....................:worms:

Reactions: Thorpy

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Really liking them - look pretty OEM, hopefully will get these in December;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks great. :cool:

I just received mine yesterday so thanks for showing me where I can put them as I like where you have situated them.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Did you have to remove the bumper to fit them?

I really like them but the bumper is a major issue for me as on the Type S, there are loads of separate rubber pieces on the underside that complicate its removal and refitting somewhat.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to remove the bumper to fit them?

I really like them but the bumper is a major issue for me as on the Type S, there are loads of separate rubber pieces on the underside that complicate its removal and refitting somewhat.
Hello

If you look at the last picture in my original post.

I used some Spring Toggle Plasterboard Fixings, So that I did not need to remove the bumper. Aid quickness of installation. As you can push the wired down behind the headlights and pull them through the grill, connect up and push the fixings through the grill and tighten up.

Can give you details of the fixings I bought if required.

Regards;)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Look very smart!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello

Fitted Atomics 6 LED DRL's this afternoon.

I fastened them using Spring Toggle Plasterboard Fixings. (Which ment that the lights could be fitted without removing the Bumper)

The DRL's are to bright in the second photo as I connected to the wrong wire on the sidelights and the dimming is not being used, will fix tomorrow.

Regards
Fixed dimming wire last night, heres a couple of pictures.

Could possibly be a little brighter?

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Hmmm, might need to buy myself some of these as they look truly awesome :) Well done :)

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
very nice man..
:cool:

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet..id love a pair too!but wouldnt know how to connect them up lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good got myself in the fogs awesome, have you had any teething problems after when the ignition is off ?

The only thing that happens when you open the door to get out the DRL's come on briefly. If I lock the car straight away the indicators flash three times (Double locking) and the DRL's go out a couple of seconds later............

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
too right man..I wouldnt know how to connect them either :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
too right man..I wouldnt know how to connect them either :(
Hello

Theres only 3 wire red/black and orange.

The red goes to battery +, Black to battery - and the Orange wire goes to the side light bulb (white wire)

Regards;)

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Really liking them - look pretty OEM, hopefully will get these in December;)
I wanted them to look as OEM as I could, I really don't like the cheap plastic units.

Could possibly be a little brighter?
They are purposly that dim as not to attract unwanted attention :police: at night.

The only thing that happens when you open the door to get out the DRL's come on briefly. If I lock the car straight away the indicators flash three times (Double locking) and the DRL's go out a couple of seconds later............
That's the only downside to the unit, I think it's worth it just for the ease of installation and not having to cut into the wiring to find an ignition switched feed.

Seriously it's very easy. Two wires to the battery then one clip that joins to the side lights positive wire so the kit knows when your lights are off.

I've sold about 15 of these kits and nobody's not been able to do it so far :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts