2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning - quick note that attached images in threads are not displaying their thumbnails properly on Chrome (Android). They show ok when the page loads, but as soon as you attempt to zoom they change to broken image icons.

This is using "classic" layout, desktop view.

[Hey anthropolyte, I'm just going to steal your post to test something. - Lee]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
Can you create one in this thread as an example.

Then we can all compare notes and see how common it is.

Ta

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Aaaand for some reason that works perfectly on my mobile. Let me find one that doesn't...

*edit* can't find one that doesn't work. It seems to have magically fixed itself :/ I'll update this thread if I come across another example.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
The thumbnail is okay but clicking the picture gives a 404 error on my Android, Chrome.

Works fine in Tapatalk.

Ha, just tried it again and it now works. Pfft.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possibly an intermittent thing on the web server... only affects attached images, not embedded ones.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Again it failed the first time in Chrome, worked okay the 2nd time reloading the page.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
test test test

test1.jpg

Hey guys,

I am not experiencing this issue on my end, can you try to clear your cache and see if this fixes the issue.

Thank you.

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Ok, looks like it may not be attached images, but linked images. They fail to load on first opening a page, and then load properly on refreshing.
Screenshots below of what happens:
They seem to be showing on my end. can you link me that thread that's showing up as broken thumbnails?

Lee

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
:dito: subsequent page loads work fine, the first time a page loads it dunnae work.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
It's possible something isn't catching in the database initially which is why it works on a refresh, I'm going to rebuild all thumbs just in case

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
21,040 Posts
In the back of my mind is that this isn't a board issue.

I've seen issues before trying to use Dropbox and similar as an image host. Never had any issues using PhotoBucket.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Dropbox recently locked down their privacy settings for sharing folders and albums, you need to reset them as open.

Though I see all those images in the thread reported

Kyle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts