2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Could have given more notice though.. i didn't get any email and you've resetted my password so I couldnt log in and i thought someone had hacked my account as i sworn i didnt change the password on here.

Edit: seems to still work for me on tapatalk but cant login on the web since i havent received the reset email yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could have given more notice though.. i didn't get any email and you've resetted my password so I couldnt log in and i thought someone had hacked my account as i sworn i didnt change the password on here.
Agreed - I sold my Civic 18 months ago and have not been on here for a number of years, so immediately assumed this was an identity theft attempt.

As I will not be contributing to this forum moving forward can one of the admins let me know how I can close my account and have my personal data (not my posts obviously, just email address etc) deleted please? Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

Edit: seems to still work for me on tapatalk but cant login on the web since i havent received the reset email yet.

Just experienced the same thing here. Cannot log on using the website and don't receive an email when I try to reset my password.

Tapatalk however is working as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
The password reset task is a farce, especially on a PC.

It won't let me login at all and I never get an email to reset either, even if I request a reset myself.

Tapatalk barf'd first thing too but seems to have sorted itself out now. *Update: mostly, although I was logged in I couldn't reply to this thread. Pfft.

I'm not the only one suffering, Jon_G contacted me via the TypeAccord forum.

The new layout and unable to login 'enhancement' are going to put people off fast. Someone has already posted above about unregistering.

@Civ_Admin need to sort this mess out!

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
The board is dead this morning. 4 threads/posts in 2 hours !!!

It seems no one can login, I had to do a copy and paste the email password because typing it in manually didn't work.

Forum is wrecked now and people can't reregister because of the AE detector.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Yes

You know what's next. Another mass email exercise and we will all have to go through the same malarky tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At this time I can't conect from PC. I always get a wrong user/pass message. I tried few times to reset the password, but I didn't receive any email on the adress provided- which is fully functional, by the way. Now I'm writing from Tapatalk, using my old credentials.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
I've noted a few trying to reregister and being declines due to the AE detector.

Considering the lack of posts I reckon most are having issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im sorry but just how bloody stupid do you have to be to run an untested come change on a LIVE SITE without making backups or snapshots of previous code?!

I do websites for a a living and anyone who knows anything about modifying code makes a test environment first to check its operational status before pushing it live and even then make a live snapshot of the code prior to any changes so reversions can take please in the event of a unforeseen hiccup.

This code change was pushed live without any testing, how on earth can any administrator do such a foolish thing and then just leave it?!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts