2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope everyone's well.

Right.. I have a reversing camera, I have wired it up and it's working, but the picture is way too bright. I got told I need an attentuator to drop the power a little and that will fix the picture.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get my camera attenuated.

It's a 12v power supply.

I hope someone can help.

Regards
Fes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the link, ordered the 2 bits.

What I want to know now is, do these bits go on the video (yellow) or power (red) cable?

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Out of interest, do you have the Honda satnav unit or a double din?

On my Pioneer unit for example you hold one of the buttons for a couple of seconds and that will then allow adjustment of either the day/night/camera view brightness, contrast, colour etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out of interest, do you have the Honda satnav unit or a double din?

On my Pioneer unit for example you hold one of the buttons for a couple of seconds and that will then allow adjustment of either the day/night/camera view brightness, contrast, colour etc.

Mines a standard honda navi unit pal. I've tried all settings on there but it's a no go.

It definitely needs attenuation, just waiting for the bits to come and hope they work.

Thanks for the info though.

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
***UPDATE***

My camera needed an attenuator and adaptor, I bought both and with a little modifying fitted them.

It went from this..

To this..

As you can see the picture is much better with a lot more colour.

It was well worth it.

Here are two other photos I took.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, can someone tell me where to plug this attenuator to cure the over exposure issue? I am quite novice in electronics so please be specific (photos would help immensely too)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts