2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
Has anyone got a sub fitted in their FD2? I've already upgraded the speakers but want some bass, so I was considering the space saving route of an under-seat active sub. I know it wont be as good as a boxed version in the boot but at the same time I'd be open to going for a minimal boot install if possible.

Has anyone done either of the above that can shed some info?

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Hi there.

I have a sub installed in the boot, it's hidden as well so I can still do the shopping as well, even better the wife doesn't know :). Here's the link to the pics

I looked into the under seat version but I got worried just in case I have passengers at the back may kick it lol

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you fit it yourself? My only concern would be box size for the sub going into the footwell unless its free air. I dont mind doing a DIY install but there doesnt seem to be many fd2's with installs about

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Did you fit it yourself? My only concern would be box size for the sub going into the footwell unless its free air. I dont mind doing a DIY install but there doesnt seem to be many fd2's with installs about
No I didn't as I have no idea where to start lol. I got speakers, head unit, sub and amp done. I think it will be a very tight squeeze if you plan to put them under the seats

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a very big install in my fd2. Built a custom box into the spare wheel well. Took up no room at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts