2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I noticed an issue with my audio this last week and wondered if the is anyone local to West midlands (Stourbridge) area who can help me out.
Unfortunately I’m unable to take the car back to where I had the original work done as they are no longer trading.
Basically I have a standard Honda head unit with a 4 channel amp,Re-Q box and all speakers replaced with a low profile sub in the boot. When I turned on the stereo last week all I could hear was the sub and not car speakers powering the audio. Started my long journey into work and every so often the audio would cut in and off again which led me to think it was a unsecure cable somewhere. I have replaced the fuses in the amp just to check but that’s made no difference and the audio continues to cut in and out again.
I have Bluetooth in the car and the front speakers work as normal without any issues.
Now the amp is off all the time with no light lit up on the unit.
I didn’t fit this system myself and wanted to know if I can check anything else for spending money.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Have you checked the grounding?

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the some cables under the rear seats, see one was screwed to the chassis, from memory everything looks in place.

Wonder if the re-Q boxes can fail at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts