2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm planning to upgrade speakers and audio system in my 9th gen. I got some question to those who already done something like this.

1) What are speakers sizes? Front and back are both 16,5cm (6 1/2" - Amazon.com: JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Co-Axial Speaker - Set of 2: Car [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@512Azu7OIiL
2) Is there enought power to power up custom speakers in standard audio system?
3) Maybe someone know what is the difference between PremiumAudio and StandardAudio systems mounted in our Civics? I know there is a subwoofer in trunk, but I'm wondering are there any wiring differences? I was thinking about swaping audio systems. :)

Greets!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi all!

I'm planning to upgrade speakers and audio system in my 9th gen. I got some question to those who already done something like this.

1) What are speakers sizes? Front and back are both 16,5cm (6 1/2" - Amazon.com: JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Co-Axial Speaker - Set of 2: Car [email]Electronics
2) Is there enought power to power up custom speakers in standard audio system?
3) Maybe someone know what is the difference between PremiumAudio and StandardAudio systems mounted in our Civics? I know there is a subwoofer in trunk, but I'm wondering are there any wiring differences? I was thinking about swaping audio systems. :)

Greets!

1) 6.5" however you may need to use a spacer or butcher the factory speaker to use as a spacer.
2) not enough power without an external amp. Sounds dreadful as is (tinny). I tried a JBL 6.5" 3 way. I ended up using an 8G civic OEM "upgrade" speaker.
3) standard HU comes with either 4 speakers or 4 speakers + 2 tweeters. Premium head unit has an additional subwoofer. On an 8G Accord, the Premium HU (Panasonic OEM) is paired an a separate amp located in the boot. Don't know if this is the case with the Civic though.

There is a HowTo thread on speakers if you want to read up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If you want to upgrade the headunit, you may as well go aftermarket with a 2-din HU from one of the popular manufacturers eg Pioneer, Sony etc. Connects2 make a nice fascia kit (LHD or RHD) with harness accessories for interfacing with your steering wheel controls.
Bonus is then you get video, GPS and reverse camera functionality if you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts