2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody install the original Video interface from Honda? I'm gonna do this on monday but i heard that is possible to use it only when the car is not moving.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
there are one or two threads on the subject :D

check out the How to Section, for how to add a reversing camera, and how to switch it on :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but i am talkin about the official aftermarket from Honda, not about workaround to use the screen.
I was just askin if somoeone has already tried it or i'm the first out there :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
sorry yurassik - I obviously misunderstood your post :oops:

I think Stef might have installed the Honda version?

As to only using it when in reverse - yes, by default the camera turns on (or more to the point, is displayed) when in reverse.

However, I guess you could get clever with it, using the wiring diagrams in the How To to install a switch which allows you to also turn it on when going forward if you wanted to :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda original aftermarket works in forward too, only doubt is if it deactivate when the car is moving for safety purpose, as happens in many other cars.
I tried the way described in how-to on this post but the matter is that the navi goes crazy when u trick the car thinking that reverse gear is on. Since i didn't find any way to solve this problem i went to the official solution by Honda.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
What offical Honda Video interface, are you talking about the reversing camera or the i-ves? If it's some thing else, please post more details.

I doubt Honda would make anything that allows video to be dispalyed on the Navigation screen, for as you said safety reasons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an official aftermarket adaptor to have video input on the navigation screen, plus there is a DVD player and a TV tuner, but is quite expensive. Is made by unicars (but they sell this item only trought honda dealer) and it provides only video, not audio.
The only adapter costs €350 and it should provide a composite input on RCA and, for safety, it should switch off as car goes faster than 10 Km/h.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know much about techincal info of this product. I was questioning the guys made it but, probably they couldn't answer due the exclusive with honda dealers.
Btw this product u show me works on european Civic iPilot?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok i saw it today. Basically is a Y cable with male/female connector on one side and DSUB (VGA??) connector on the other. Then this cable is connected to the Adaptor that comes out with a couple of RCA Video in. Buttons to change brightness, reset, and selector of video input.
This adaptor "should" be connected to handbrake, but the reseller told me that he will kindly "forget" to connect it.

If someone was investigating it there are bright evidences that the display works with VGA input.
Later i will post some photos (not clear unfortunatly).

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ff/2128217/1190722440.jpg on this server.

:(

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yurassik - might be easiest to save the pics to your PC, then upload them on here as attachments :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
None of your links work - are you sure this thing exists or are you stringing us along?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
so is this just video or audio as well?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts