2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I am new to this forum and thought I might make a contribution in my first post.

I am living in austria (not a native english speaker, as you´ll see) and for the past 6 years my company supplyed 3 new Audi for me. After changing profession I had to settle for something smaller and got a Civic. So far I gotta say that I´m impressed what Honda is able to provide considering that the car is only 1/3 of my former cars price!

Since I didn´t want to miss out on the bluetooth and USB capabilitys I ordered and fitted a yatour device for the cd changer port and upgraded my speakers to a Hertz DSK 165 system.
The speakers do a great job when listening to CDs without the need for an amplifyer but the audio quality via USB and bluetooth is horrible in comparison.
I bet it´s a good deal if you dont care for audio quality and just want basic hands-free capability (even though the receiving quality also is bad), but if you love music this thing is a no-go!

At this point I am still not sure if I should stick to MP3 CDs or get an android unit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm gutted to see this. Saw a lot of good stuff about the Yatour unit, specifically a thread boasting "hifi grade DAC." Feel a bit deflated now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Never heard of these but had a look based on this post - How easy are these to Fit? (Im a new mk8 Civic owner with limited Car knowledge)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never heard of these but had a look based on this post - How easy are these to Fit? (Im a new mk8 Civic owner with limited Car knowledge)
I put mine in this morning. It took a lot of patience and some kitchen utensils to remove all the trim, then it's as simple as plugging the connector into the back of the radio.

Give yourself a bit of time and it's super easy. There's some guides to getting to the back of the radio somewhere on the forum.

Sound quality is fine for me by the way, my ears must not be as sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh so just a standard stereo connection on the back - I've some AUX cables needing Soldering etc so wondered if this was the same :(

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep. It goes into what I believe is the CD changer/Sat Nav port. Just to be aware, if you have the sat nav you'll need a Y splitter cable.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts