2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Personally just stick with OEM Honda parts and fluids as they are already top notch.

Reactions: Farqui

·
K200588
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye I've not got a issue with the oem stuff, just trying to drop engine temps before installing a oil cooler, otherwise the cooler isn't going to be as good as it would be with a lot cooler running engine and also looking at the added bonus of less heat the induction sucks in? If that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Waterless is recommended by a friend of mine who restores classic Ferraris because of the internal corrosion that happens using water in a high performance engine when using water based products.

I used waterless coolant in my Ducati track bike it helped by dropping the temp down faster after a session on track, also in the long term it meant no corrosion occurred internally the cooling system.

·
K200588
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folks often track their FN2's without any issues, so why'd you feel the need for extra cooling?

As previously said, dropping engine temps which will help avoid oil cooler heat transfer, bring down air intake temps which in turn will give better performance, colder air is denser, contains less molecules which allow for more air into the chamber, in turn raises combustion cycle.

Have you ever taken your car for a sprinted run, pulled over and opened the bonnet and felt the heat? Anyone who runs an after market induction kit like hks isn't seeing any gains without proper cold air fed, your going to lose power if anything as the standard takes a good air feed directly though the system which isn't sucking in engine heat, I don't want standard as I like the grunt and it is allowed to breath freely, but I want to drop temps right down to reduce heat not just rely on my cold air feed, which is useless at pull of or even traffic

·
K200588
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waterless is recommended by a friend of mine who restores classic Ferraris because of the internal corrosion that happens using water in a high performance engine when using water based products.

I used waterless coolant in my Ducati track bike it helped by dropping the temp down faster after a session on track, also in the long term it meant no corrosion occurred internally the cooling system.

As said above mate, and the fact that if I have the system flushed properly, free'd from sludge..and install a new water pump, the pump and other water related components are will survive 15-20 years from what I've seen, as you stated no corrosion or rust, which is the genuinely only reason pumps ect fail on cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts