2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly Happy Christmas !

Secondly, does anyone know if the rear demister automatically comes on at certain temps. ?

Mine starts to demist/melt ice, even without having to press the button and I'm worried it's always on (if i press the button the amber light comes on, and if pressed again goes off... so forth and so forth).

Many thanks :confused:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Hi,

No as far as i'm aware, the rear demister operates solely on the state of the switch when pressed on/off. Could be the air con helping to demist the back window?

*EDIT* Fwh, where did you find this out? 'Tis news to me!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi,

No as far as i'm aware, the rear demister operates solely on the state of the switch when pressed on/off. Could be the air con helping to demist the back window?

*EDIT* Fwh, where did you find this out? 'Tis news to me!
There is a good thread, currently looking for it.

It does this in order to increase load on the engine (even though it is fairly little) so that it heats up quicker.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
It's definately the demister as condensation/ice is removed with the give away sign of ever expanding bars, of clearness.

And yes, I have a 2.2 :)

So all we need now is a deciding vote !
The thread which I can't find right now (someone please help!!) has a pole.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did look in the wiki, but couldn't find it... prob. because i got side tracked by air con diagnostics. Many thanks.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
The thread which I can't find right now (someone please help!!) has a pole.
Errmmm - that would be a POLL :p ...

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Yes. Too much time spent in Amsterdam....
Ufffff - every time I come back from Amsterdam (to Sola \ Stavanger) the "drug dog" goes frantic ! - get stopped \ searched almost every time - it's just the residual aroma around my shoes and trouser legs (having visited a 'coffee shop' or two :cool:) that makes the dogs "my friends" - so, I always dissapoint the Customs Police ! ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts