2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it is technically possible to make an amplifier that can detect whether or not there is an input signal, to switch itslf on and off. This would make a "remote" signal (which we don't have in our head unit) obsolete.
Does anyone know if such amps exist? Or do I have to make such thing myself?

K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They do exist, for instance from Blaupunt. They have a subwoofer with integrated amp that swiches on and off automatically, type THB200A. Since we don't have a line-out as well, you can use a spekerconnection to feed it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You could get one the clever clogs ppl on here to make a curcuit that would activate a relay for the amp when the ignition was on or the headunit was powered up, for example. It might even be able to use the amps own remote trigger somehow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's simple: just connect the power from your boot mounted socket to the amps remote turn on. The amp only comes on when the ignition is on!

·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an option, but even when the head unit is off, the sub would be powered.
Some time ago I made a 4 stage active sub filter myself, than added a (delayed) remote activated relay and had a print made. If I have to add this detection circuit, that would mean starting from scratch with the whole layout. And it's maybe cheaper to buy a complete amp in the first place. Not as much fun however. :)
I intend to build the speaker cabinet myself. It's gonne be a well balanced 6th order bandpass design. +110 dB from 60 watts into 8 ohm. No commercial product comes close... :D
At the moment, the whole project still looks like this:
:rolleyes:

K.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
That's an option, but even when the head unit is off, the sub would be powered.
Some time ago I made a 4 stage active sub filter myself, than added a (delayed) remote activated relay and had a print made. If I have to add this detection circuit, that would mean starting from scratch with the whole layout. And it's maybe cheaper to buy a complete amp in the first place. Not as much fun however. :)
I intend to build the speaker cabinet myself. It's gonne be a well balanced 6th order bandpass design. +110 dB from 60 watts into 8 ohm. No commercial product comes close... :D
At the moment, the whole project still looks like this:
:rolleyes:

K.
It looks abit untidy Koen!!;)
How do you fit the shopping in as well??:D

·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shopping? Isn't that the woman's worry? :D
BTW, the only thing that is missing is a bit of wood and some black carpet. And few hours time... :roll: (That's where the real problem is...)

K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts