1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
2 q's
1. How does it work?
2. How well does it work and is it worth the money compared to just flipping an ordinary mirror if some **** is sitting on your tail with his xenons on full beam! Happens quite often actually!!:mad:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi
2. How well does it work and is it worth the money compared to just flipping an ordinary mirror if some **** is sitting on your tail with his xenons on full beam! Happens quite often actually!!:mad:
Won't be an EX Civic driver, as the lights are set too low! [smilie=cheeky-grin: [/COLOR]

I think if you go for the Honda option you will be paying over the odd's. I had an auto dimming mirror in my last car and it worked very well. It reacted quickly and it saved you taking your hands off the wheel. A bit gimmicky? maybe, but you could say that about alot of the features on most modern cars.

I’m personally waiting to see how Stef gets on with the one he has ordered off eBay (See this thread.. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594&highlight=mirror). Much cheaper than Honda's and Gentex are the OEM manufacturer for most makes!

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Tony, no idea how it works, to be honest I don't think its worth the money at all. Don't know how anyone can justify paying £60-£80 when they could do it themselves with the flip of a switch. I've never had to use it in the civic, one pleasing aspect of the rear window is that the lip blocks most of the glare from headlights!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had the auto-dimming mirror on my Accord and it worked brilliantly. When a car behind you is glaring its headlights at you, the mirror (in a second) turns into a dark green and it looks like you're looking at the mirror via a night-vision system.

In the case of the Civic though, the rear spoiler blocks much of the glare from cars behind you, so it's probably not worth it. In the Accord, it was part of the standard spec for the EX!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts