2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is my first post here, first of all,...

Hello to everybody and friendly greetings from Germany! :)

For a several weeks now, I´ve got a Civic 1.8 Sport AT (Facelift model) which has an (original) auto-dimming rear view mirror.
That mirror confuses me, unfortunately.

Each time, I enter the car and turn the key to ignition, the little light in the switch below the mirror is on and the mirror gets blue.

So, I turn it off, because I don´t need it all the time.

Then I drive a while, stop the car and its engine, and when I start the engine again, the light in the switch is on again, but at least the mirror is NOT blue.

Then I switch it off once more.

After I get back into my garage at home, I stop the engine.
Next time, I´m sitting in my car and turn the key to ignition, the mirror gets blue again and the little light is on, too, of course.

It looks like the auto dimming feature of that mirror is on by default, because I always get a blue mirror when the environmental light is below a certain value (which is indeed the case in my garage) and the common daylight comes from behind.

Now, I wonder why I always have to turn the mirror off, when I´m in my garage and is this supposed to be like that or is something wrong with that mirror or is it perhaps my own fault?
How can I switch it off, permanently, to prevent it from getting blue unwantedly, please?
I mean, I want to decide myself when to use this feature or not.

Let me add, my headlights were always off in my description (and NOT in Auto mode).

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Hello :)

It doesn't look like anyone's got an auto dipping mirror. Personally I'm not too bothered as I have mine on permanent dip anyway.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello :)

It doesn't look like anyone's got an auto dipping mirror. Personally I'm not too bothered as I have mine on permanent dip anyway.

Hey, great! The first answer for me! Thank you very much! :D
I already wondered, have I done anything wrong, here?! ;)

About the mirror:

In fact, it looks like it´s activated by default each time I start the car and it really seems to be meant like that. So, I can only switch it off temporarily until the next start-up of the engine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much, Dimplyred! :D

Btw.:
Since I´ve seen both versions of that expression,
how do you say it, actually?
Auto dimming mirror or auto dipping mirror?

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Hello
What does the instruction book say ?? :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The instruction book was the first step for me to try.
Unfortunately, it doesn´t say anything about that mirror.
It´s just not mentioned there.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Not even a "Hello"? :confused:
Sorry matie but most of us have to work and work hard.

That's why we have got nice motor's.

Any way :hello2: from Lincoln and welcome to ciVinfo :):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts