2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A few days back I noticed one of my dipped front headlights wasn't working (Passenger side) as people were flashing me. I have the lights set on auto. When turning turning the car on just the one starts to flicker before fully failing, if I turn the car off and back on again the same problem occurs. Faulty bulb right? However if I turn auto mode off and manually turn the lights on the light stays on no problem doesn't flicker or cut out. Don't want to be paying £££ for an auto electrician if it's something simple

Anyone had a similar issue or any advice? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,141 Posts
Try testing the light sensor on the stalk coming down behind the rear view mirror.
If you turn the lights on to auto in daylight and then put your hand or something solid over the sensors to mimic night and see what happens.
At least this would eliminate the sensor.
If the bulb works on manual switch then it won't be the bulb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try testing the light sensor on the stalk coming down behind the rear view mirror.
If you turn the lights on to auto in daylight and then put your hand or something solid over the sensors to mimic night and see what happens.
At least this would eliminate the sensor.
If the bulb works on manual switch then it won't be the bulb.
Thanks for the reply.

The light sensor is working fine, both lights came on simultaneously when covering the sensor and went off when removing the item. I should note this isn't the whole light unit just the dipped headlight that flikers, high beam, indicator, etc work fine. After giving it a minute or two whilst the sensor was covered the light playing up didn't flicker at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts