2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, ive been looking at posts but can't seem to find answer, I have a 2008 2.2 CTDI and would like know if its possible to have the doors lock automatically when u drive or not,or with ignition on/off, read that the 2006 u can program and not possible for a 2007 what about a 2008 ?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, just find it odd that a car like this one would need to lock doors manually, even my older cars lock either from a certain speed or with ignition on. One must now remember to always lock the doors manually :laugh2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same with ours; The car itself is registered as a 2006, it's the 2.2CDTI but without EGR (so, just like a 2006 before they added EGR to future production)
- HOWEVER; The VIN number on the car indicates that it's a 2007. Pretty odd, but... The auto-doorlock function doesn't work on this one either... :/

·
i-Vtec
2,224 Posts
Thanks for the reply, just find it odd that a car like this one would need to lock doors manually, even my older cars lock either from a certain speed or with ignition on. One must now remember to always lock the doors manually :laugh2:
I agree. My Vectra C had anti hijack auto locking, along with a Total closure system where you could open/close all the windows from the key fob. Yes first world issues but on days like we've had lately made it good to get the heat out of your car before you get in in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts