2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an auto door locking function on the Civic, my other cars have this and usually activates at about 10mph.

I know you can manually set with the 2 buttons on the drivers door, just wondered if there was an auto function.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an auto door locking function on the Civic, my other cars have this and usually activates at about 10mph. I know you can manually set with the 2 buttons on the drivers door, just wondered if there was an auto function.
Nope - definitely no such function ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
try to look in halfords :D

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
The doors autolock if you unlock them but then don't actually open them within a period of time so i would think there must be some way to do it

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Theoretically it is possible using various electronic components, but then again so is just about anything if you have the patience skill and money ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
if honda couldn't do it safely enough to the point they were happy the doors would open in an accident, i'd not try to do it myself personally :)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread from the archive, but If Honda werent confident the doors would unlock in an accident, does this mean you shouldnt manually lock the car when driving?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts