2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just read last weeks auto express and they had a page about the civic 2.2 diesel se and how it drives after a few months driving it, they said around town it does 37mpg which is about right but they also said it does 0-60 in 9.4 seconds compared to the 8.4 seconds that honda says and i,m wondering if they rode the clutch when pulling of as i find it quicker when i do it that way oh and the picture they used for the civic was a 1.8ex which i found odd.

Last weeks auto express should still be in the shops so get yourself a copy and tell me what you think

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
I read the article also, if you read the figures and statistics on the last page the 0-60time is marked with a *. The smallprint states the time was recorded in the wet, explaining the slower time :)

They also stated they were unable to take pictures at the test, hence using stock photos of the EX. You obviously didn't read it fully!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes so it does, always read the small print lol, but iot still dosnt explain why there is a pic of a 1.8 ex rather than the 2.2 se diesel they were testing

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is it worth me buying the magazine for this article? (bearing in mind I am about to pick up a 2.2 diesel!)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sorry I got it wrong!

I used to work for the Sun newspaper, that's my excuse!

That's all I could find on the AutoExpress site.

You could always pretend it had a 2.2 engine!

"Hit any user to continue!"

Charles H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts