2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Auto Folding Mirrors on 2013 Accord (Solved)

13K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  M8TJT 
#1 ·
I have a 13 plate Accord 2.2 IDTEC ES GT and want to do the automatic windows mod but I can't find how to remove the mirror switch. On my old accord it just pulled out of the dash, but it seems to be embedded into the door grab handle on this one and doesn't pop out.
If, as I suspect, the door panel has to come off, where are all the screws please?

Solution:

View attachment Auto Folding Mirrors on 2013 Accord.pdf

#4 ·
I suspect the door card may have to come off. The Accord's I have seen have the same fixings as a Civic; pop off the top triangle, w screws behind the door latch, another under/near the grab handle and then off it will pop.

This vid confirms that (US tho) BUT it also suggests that the mirror panel pops straight off

Have you Googled how to remove the door card? - plenty of info out there http://lmgtfy.com/?q=remove+honda+accord+door+card+2013

#5 ·
Thanks for that Farqui. Yes, that's like my old Accord. Was not a major problem on that.
Guess I'll have to rip the door apart then ;=(
At least I now have the control units from China @ the bargain price of £12.74 for two with 12 day delivery. One for my Accord and one for HWMBO's Jazz.
I've got the Jazz sussed as you can easily get to the back of the switch from behind the fuse panel cover :=)

#8 ·
Yeah, possibly, I'm looking into what's what at the moment. I'm hoping that if I have to get the door panel off, I can do all the wiring within the door, as there is deffo a permanent live on the door locking switch, a switched live on the mirror switch and the door locking actuator wires must be there somewhere.
The jazz can be all done beneath the dash as the mirror switch is there. Luckily, I am reasonably happy with basic car wiring.

#10 ·
Thanks for that Shearer. That confirms my ideas that the door panel has to come off. I have already had the window/door locking switches out as they just pop out. Shame the mirror switch doesn't as well.
I'll have a go tomorrow perhaps, weather permitting, and report back with some snaps and a guide.

#11 · (Edited)
Well, not much progress at the mo. Got all the screws etc. out, but I can't for the life of me ping the clips that hold the panel on. Phoning my man at my local Honda dealer to see if I can pop down and they will pop them for me.
Still on the case though.
EDIT and on another note. Why does my avatar not show up in my posts? It does if I go to my profile.

#15 ·
Well, gave the electrics a bit of a looking at today (but not for long because it was cold). It aint as easy as I hoped. Without further investigation, it seems that the mirrors are controlled by the computer and the computer said no.
What led me to believe tis is that If I disconnect the mirror switch plug then switch on the ignition, the bloody mirrors fold.
I have identified without problem the actual wires to the motor that does the fold/extend and could wire straight into there, but to do this I need to get at the same wires on the other door and pass wires from inside the car to inside the door. This appears to not be as simple a job as it sounds either. I must check them, but don't think that they come from the mirror fold/extend switch.
I wonder if my wife's Jazz uses the same idea for the mirror control, as I was anticipating doing the same mod to that.
Anyone got a link to the 2013 Accord WS manual?

#16 ·
Well, I've finally got it done on the driver's door. All up and running. Fitted the control box into the door panel. I need to run cables from drivers's door to passenger door now.
Full instructions to follow when I have done that and made some notes/pictures etc.

#30 ·
I'm pleased that you were successful and that my idle jottings helped.
When you had the problem with the .pdf, what device were you trying to open it with, and with what device were you successful?
I created the .pdf from a Word document and have heard that some systems have problems with Word generated .pdf's.

I have subsequently fitted them to my Civic.:smile3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.