2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, when i got my civic i didnt think i would benefit from the auto folding mirrors but since one was damaged i fold them in every time i get out of the car. Is it possible to fit auto folding mirrors afterwards or not?
cheers in advance.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I guess you could but as the mirrors have motors in it would be expensive. Of course you'd need the switch and wiring too, so probably not worth it.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
there was a long and rambling (tho very worthwhile) thread about this in here somewhere - but I can't recall quite where :oops:

basically it boiled down to a number of issues:

no power to the mirrors with the ignition off;
debate about what would trigger the 'unfold' (what if you're parked close to a wall on the passenger side);
and errrr, I'm sure there was more! LOL

but lots of people agreeing that it would be a great idea, if only we could agree on what we actually wanted LOL
and then found someone to fix it :D

I think it might have been this one -> http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717&highlight=folding

·
Banned
477 Posts
I also thought that auto-folding after locking the car would be practical; but then it came to my mind that in a frozen night, the mirrors would be blocked by icing and it would be very demanding to free them in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I also thought that auto-folding after locking the car would be practical; but then it came to my mind that in a frozen night, the mirrors would be blocked by icing and it would be very demanding to free them in the morning.
You still have that senario on the EX if you fold them. Just needs a squirt of the de-icer spray you use on the windows. ;)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
As far as I am aware mine have never frozen up.

At least they have never stuck in the parked position at any time.

If they had been frozen then the motor was powerful enough to free them.

"Why is it that you say that an alarm clock is going off when it is really going on?"

Charles H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts