2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so here we go with another mod:

The beauty of it is, that most of the wiring points can be found at the under dash fuse box. Simply wrap the wire around the right hand side (the protected side) of the fuse and it ends up protecting the module and being easy to wire up (the module's wires are in bold - refer to the module wiring picture to see a diagram - refer to the piccie of the fusebox layout to understand the fuses used):

Ground (Black) = into screw that holds the fuse box in place (check it's grounded first, the big silver ones that hold the whole fusebox into place are even though they look like they're screwing into polystyrene).
Perm +ve (Red) = into fuse 43
Acc +ve (Yellow) = into fuse 15
Door Unlock signal pulse (Green) = into fuse 49 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door unlock)
Door Lock signal pulse (Blue) = into fuse 35 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door lock)

...and the only wires you need to cut are the 2 yellow and grey ones going to and from the manual button (leaving 4 wire "ends"):
Cut the yellow (extend) and grey (retract) wires to the button:
(button side) yellow extend = to manual switch on input on module (Grey)
(button side) grey retract= to manual switch off input on module (White)
(car side) yellow extend= to output for open on module (Brown)
(car side) grey retract= to output for close on module (Orange)

...and that's it. Modules are the 9 wire ones from eBay (all about £20-£30). Type "auto fold mirror module" into eBay and choose a Universal one. It will have it's own 15A fuse as well. I got one like this:

Took about a couple of hours to wire in correctly as I was checking everything with a multimeter as I went, but you could install it in less time once you know what to put where.

Also, the actual manual button still works as it should as the system gets disabled when the car is running (so you can still manually fold them in to squeeze into tight parking spaces and not worry about them extended automatically when you return to the car because you have pushed in the button (to retract) which has also disabled the system).

Overall very cheap and quick to install ;).

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Is it really that hard to press the button to fold the mirrors in manually ?

And if you're having to fold the mirrors to get into a parking space how on earth are you gonna be able to open the door wide enough to get out ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
OK, so here we go with another mod:

The beauty of it is, that most of the wiring points can be found at the under dash fuse box. Simply wrap the wire around the right hand side (the protected side) of the fuse and it ends up protecting the module and being easy to wire up (the module's wires are in bold - refer to the module wiring picture to see a diagram - refer to the piccie of the fusebox layout to understand the fuses used):

Ground (Black) = into screw that holds the fuse box in place (check it's grounded first, the big silver ones that hold the whole fusebox into place are even though they look like they're screwing into polystyrene).
Perm +ve (Red) = into fuse 43
Acc +ve (Yellow) = into fuse 15
Door Unlock signal pulse (Green) = into fuse 49 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door unlock)
Door Lock signal pulse (Blue) = into fuse 35 (this fuse shows a 12V pulse on door lock)

...and the only wires you need to cut are the 2 yellow and grey ones going to and from the manual button (leaving 4 wire "ends"):
Cut the yellow (extend) and grey (retract) wires to the button:
(button side) yellow extend = to manual switch on input on module (Grey)
(button side) grey retract= to manual switch off input on module (White)
(car side) yellow extend= to output for open on module (Brown)
(car side) grey retract= to output for close on module (Orange)

...and that's it. Modules are the 9 wire ones from eBay (all about £20-£30). Type "auto fold mirror module" into eBay and choose a Universal one. It will have it's own 15A fuse as well. I got one like this:

Took about a couple of hours to wire in correctly as I was checking everything with a multimeter as I went, but you could install it in less time once you know what to put where.

Also, the actual manual button still works as it should as the system gets disabled when the car is running (so you can still manually fold them in to squeeze into tight parking spaces and not worry about them extended automatically when you return to the car because you have pushed in the button (to retract) which has also disabled the system).

Overall very cheap and quick to install ;).

Wish some one will sell them all ready done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts