2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home this evening in the crepuscule (what a wonderful word - ask l-noel), the lights did not come on on the Auto setting even though it was dark enough that everyone else had theirs on, so I turned them on manually.

When I stopped at Sainsburger's on the way home, I set it back to Auto, and they came on when I got back in the car.

Does anyone else leave them just on Auto?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
auto widscreen wipers

I had auto windscreen wipers untill the dealer fited a new windscreen
still that will teach me to moan about a rattle

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Dondon - yes occasionally they seem a little slow to come on, and they need a bit of manual encouragement. They also fail when there's poor visibility (but reasonable light), and I guess that's why there's the manual option.

They're good, but not perfect.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I've never warmed to them really. At first I had problems forgetting to turn the lights on, the dash was so bright it was hard to tell if they were on or not! Then I gave them a go but got frustrated when they didn't turn on when I expected them too. I guess they are useful but I prefer to use them manually.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It says in the manual that they should not be left in the auto mode when not using the vehicle (same for the wipers).. anyone know why?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought it was strange too... whats the point in having auto lights if you have to manually turn them to auto???

I leave the lights on auto anyway, but not the wipers, as occasionally they operate and smeer the windscreen, usually when flying down the motorway and the person in front washes there windscreen!!! can be very anoying then...... :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
You have to be careful to make sure the screen is clear of dirt etc that could be sitting over the auto recepter - this will activate the wiper dry and could scratch the screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts