2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along in bright sunshine today and a warning symbol flashed up on my display directly under the speedo reading.

An orange headlight icon with the letter A in the center, also accompanied by a single beep and an exclamation mark at the top left of the display.

I stopped the car, turned off the engine and restarted it, the warning symbols cleared and stayed off for the rest of the journey.

When I checked in the user manual - page 138, first symbol at the top of the page quotes 'appears there is a problem with the auto high beam'

Anyone else had the same problem?

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
If you have a look in the manual, there should be a list of possible causes for the fault; I don't have it to hand but I'm fairly sure the bright sun will be there.

Let's have a look.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had it several months ago. Also went away with a power cycle. Dealer checked for a fault log when it went in for servicing. Found nothing. Unless it happens again I wouldn't bother.

Also I have auto high beam disabled. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Have a peek in the manual, but it should just be an extended flash to disable, I. E. Pull stalk for a few seconds until the auto high beam disables.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
How do you disable the auto high beam?
From Owners Manual:

To disable the system: Pull the light switch lever towards you and hold it for 40 seconds. The auto high-beam indicator in the meter will blink twice.
To enable the system: Pull the light switch lever towards you and hold it for 30 seconds. The auto high-beam indicator in the meter will blink once.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Doesn't say in the manual.. need a test scape goat to prove it out.. I would imagine it would disable permanently, but you never know!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
There is a note in the 9G manual that if you never ever ever ever want auto high beam, it can be permanently disabled by the dealer. at request.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts