2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have taken delivery of honda civic hatch 2012 and have looked at the manual and followed the instructions to enable the feature but it doesnt work.

When i hold the lock down i dont hear a click after 5 seconds.
Am i missing something simple?

I am in australia and this is the VTIL model

Thanks
Paul

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Welcome :D

Yes you are missing something simple - the auto locks work by locking the doors automatically when the doors have been unlocked but a door not opened - so try this

Lock your car - wait 30 seconds - unlock your car but don't open a door - after 5 seconds the doors will lock themselves automatically

See here - http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Locks_and_alarm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I tested what you advised and it did automatically lock after a minute. But i am attempting to enable the function where it locks the doors after hitting 15kmh. I have tested all varients but never hear the 2nd click after 5-10 seconds.

Should i wait longer?

Thanks

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
If it has being added back, the australian model wont have it as honda australia would have removed it and still provided the normal manual.

My manual talks about the 1.4 and the 2.2 diesel engine and i have the 1.8.

My manual also says that the digital speedo should have shift lights on a manual but according to honda australia this is only for cars with "Paddle shift" meaning that removed it to save money as no 8th gen comes with paddle shift as far as i know.

They also removed the little cubby door to save money.

Do not listen to the manual mate, it is based of UK models.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If it has being added back, the australian model wont have it as honda australia would have removed it and still provided the normal manual.

My manual talks about the 1.4 and the 2.2 diesel engine and i have the 1.8.

My manual also says that the digital speedo should have shift lights on a manual but according to honda australia this is only for cars with "Paddle shift" meaning that removed it to save money as no 8th gen comes with paddle shift as far as i know.

They also removed the little cubby door to save money.

Do not listen to the manual mate, it is based of UK models.
Do they mean the iShift models? They have paddles I think.
Didn't know that Honda AU were like that - removing the cubby door? And removing the shift lights? Seems like it would take more effort to actually change the manufacturing process than it would to just supply the cars with those bits.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi Zougy,

I have a VTIS model and the autolock feature is not available on Australian models. Congratulations on your purchase. I considered getting a VTIL but personally didn't like leather.

You will find your car is unique on the roads. I have had mine for 5 weeks and have not seen any other on the road.

I suggest you get sill guards as I got mine badly scuffed during the first week of ownership (and got it resprayed).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
VTIL is equivalent to the ES with no navigation and the VTIS is the SE.

If the EXGT 2.2 diesel was available in Australia I would love to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I have had mine for 5 weeks and have not seen any other on the road.
The same was with my FK2.

Only other one i saw was a urban titanium one and a black Type R but according to the dealer when i got it he never sold an 8th gen before.

In total i have seen these
Urban Titanium Si
Crystal BlackType R.
Milano Red Si(see it everyday on my way to work)
Milano Red Type R.

As the price drops more people will get it and if their are offers people will get it then too.
It is made the final decision for me to get an Si.
2 Years extra warranty and 5 years road side assist(not that ill need it)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts