2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Ok wanted to ask whether anyone has discovered if and how you can lock all doors once you remove the swift from place "P" or even upon speeding the vehicle . Also does anyone know if you open the locked driver's door wheather all doors can unlock ?

Many thanks in advance and if same subject /questions have been alrwady raised please advise.

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
UK Civics do not have an auto lock. I'm not certain about EU ones.
You can programme the unlock, either by key fob or keyless to unlock just the driver's door or all doors. How to do it is in the handbook and I haven't got time to look for it for you.
Can you please fill in your car and location details in your profile so that we can all know exactly what car you have and where you live.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yours noted and already updated my info status. My Civic manufactured in Swindon, however I had this in m,y previous car (Audi A3, 2014) so I guess this should be something self-evident for a new car...I mean it has all this new tech on it but does not have this simple thing? And from my searches in the net, I found that alla other civics (8th, 9th gen) around the globe has this...disappointing...

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
It would appear that the US model has auto lock in and walk away locking as well and they are made in Swindon. There has been a conscious derision not to include them for some obscure reason.
Back in the late 90's, I had a beemer 3 series that had auto lock in. Apparently, if the airbags went off, it auto unlocked as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
UK Civics do not have an auto lock. I'm not certain about EU ones.
Mine doesn't so it seems it's for all the EU ones.

I mean it has all this new tech on it but does not have this simple thing? And from my searches in the net, I found that alla other civics (8th, 9th gen) around the globe has this...disappointing...
My 8th gen didn't have it.
My Audi S3 mk1 did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts