2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone managed to find a system that locks the car if you forget to? thinking I now need this after thieving scum helped themselves to the contents of my car!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Not sure there is such system mate. Civic will lock itself once you unlock it and don't open any of doors within 30 seconds and so far I have seen most alarms are like that. Maybe installing buzzer is solution to problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to fit the folding mirror module so I can see if it is locked, the other alternative is to fit an aftermarket alarm with auto locking I suppose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,254 Posts
I listen for the clunk of the deadlocks backed up by the flashing hazards before walking away.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I'm going to fit the folding mirror module so I can see if it is locked, the other alternative is to fit an aftermarket alarm with auto locking I suppose!

Yes, but aftermarket alarm will still work as factory one with auto locking function. Once you open the door and close them alarm won't lock them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I listen for the clunk of the deadlocks backed up by the flashing hazards before walking away.

My kids are always slow at getting out of the car, I invariably have to go back and lock the car once they're out! I just happened to forget the day the scum hit our area, something like twelve cars done in one weekend!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but aftermarket alarm will still work as factory one with auto locking function. Once you open the door and close them alarm won't lock them.

One of the guys who used to work for me was late one day, I asked him why ... he was stopped by the police for a defective rear light, he got out shutting the door to check, 20 seconds later the car alarm locked the car with the keys in it!!! So they're out there somewhere, it was a few years ago mind.
It's worth noting the cheeky officer suggested he could nick him for criminal damage after he broke his own window to get back in

·
Honda Man Steve
663 Posts

That is exactly what I did, I can just look out the window and know instantly is the car is locked or not :) A bit thanks to Ante.00 for the module and RedbullBen for fitting the power folding mirrors in the first place :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is exactly what I did, I can just look out the window and know instantly is the car is locked or not :) A bit thanks to Ante.00 for the module and RedbullBen for fitting the power folding mirrors in the first place :)

Folding mirror module fitted and working well, I now have a visual reminder to help ensure the car is locked!
Thanks Ante.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts