2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread stating how to activate autolocks at 10mph+ on other models of civic whereby the doors and boot automatically lock and unlock, but is this function available in a type-r?

I have tried the instructions that were given in previous threads to no avail?? I guess that the type-r does not have the facility which seems really odd as I would have thought it is the car most likely to need it?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I don't find it an issue really, cause its the one thing that annoys me in other folks cars that auto locking thing especailly if you have to drop someone off!

I just touch the wee button at the side of me and hey hey they are locked. An ex of mines always used to ask me why I locked the doors because it wasn't like someone was going to try and steal me at 70mph on the motorway which was a valid point lol!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
An ex of mines always used to ask me why I locked the doors because it wasn't like someone was going to try and steal me at 70mph on the motorway which was a valid point lol!
No, but in urban areas it is very easy for someone to open a door while you are in traffic or at a traffic light or similair.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had this function on a mini cooper s I had and although annoying at the start I soon stopped noticing it.

I only wondered about the locks as I was stuck in traffic last week and saw a group of lads messing around, they started running behind cars in the queue and opening everyones boots, not that there was any harm done, it did make me think how easy it would be for someoene who might be up to no good to open the doors or boot.

I guess I will just have to learn to use the lock button more..

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I can see the advantages of it, but personally I don't like it. :(

Whenever I give my Mum or my Mother in Law a lift in my wifes Mini, they always try to pull the door handle off when the door doesn't open with the first pull. Regardless of how many times I tell them to pull it twice. :mad:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Had a Volvo S40 as a rental.
On this one you could set this on or off via the on-board computer.

That would have been a nice touch in the Civic.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I had this function on a mini cooper s I had and although annoying at the start I soon stopped noticing it.

I only wondered about the locks as I was stuck in traffic last week and saw a group of lads messing around, they started running behind cars in the queue and opening everyones boots, not that there was any harm done, it did make me think how easy it would be for someoene who might be up to no good to open the doors or boot.

I guess I will just have to learn to use the lock button more..
Ah I had a Cooper S when they first were released in May 2002 and they didn't come with the auto locking function so I have always been used to using the lock door button. I've just had to get used to it being on my right side on the door instead of infront of the gear stick on my right, right in the middle of the bottom of the consol :)

You'll soon be doing it without noticing :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seeing Dimplyred mention people trying to rip off the handles when trying to get out of a locked car does bring back some unpleasant memories..

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Seeing Dimplyred mention people trying to rip off the handles when trying to get out of a locked car does bring back some unpleasant memories..
It does seem to be the older generation who can't seem to grasp the concept of pulling the handle twice!!

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
No, but in urban areas it is very easy for someone to open a door while you are in traffic or at a traffic light or similair.
Tell me about it... A few years ago I had three guys trying to take away my car by the traffic lights. I was saved by two things:
- the doors were locked
- they saw a barrel from the wrong side and ran away real fast [smilie=gunhappyyan:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
On the pull

What's this pulling the door handle twice?
Both mine open first time..............Am I one of these "older generation types?"

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
What's this pulling the door handle twice?
Both mine open first time..............Am I one of these "older generation types?"
We are talking about the auto locking in the Mini's and BMW's. Car locks once you reach 10 mph and unlock automatically when you stop and turn off the ignition. If your just dropping people off and havn't managed to get to the button or have forgotten you usually find that your passenger has already pulled at the door handle rather harshly once, this unlocks the door then when they pull the handle again it opens the door. This alos happens when you lock the doors yourself from the indside using the switch on them.

It just looks and sounds a bit like they are going to pull the handle off! This doesn't happen in the Civic when you've locked the doors from inside you, you have to unlock them before they can get out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts