2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Does anybody know if there is an auto locking function that can be activated on the doors once the car is in motion as my wife has to travel for long periods on her own and often forgets to lock the doors. any info would be greatfully received.

Cheers:)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
What about on the Type R ?

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
Nope ..... im a bit miffed @ that too because my Mini cooper S had it. And after the BS the stealers gave me about my CTR beeing a "high car jack" risk in Manchester, you would think they would lock auto !:(

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hey,

Apart from the obvious solution of fitting a Clifford Alarm for instance with BlackJax there used to be a small circuit you could buy which would link into the central locking and lock the doors above a certain rpm/speed.
Dont know where to get it from though or if it's still available.

Ian

·
Registered
73 Posts
On the upside, the doors lock automatically after 30 seconds if you take the keys out of the ignition. Handy if you forget to do so yourself after you park up.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
On the upside, the doors lock automatically after 30 seconds if you take the keys out of the ignition. Handy if you forget to do so yourself after you park up.
Are you sure?

I only thought they would lock if you unlocked the car and then did nothing.

Or is this new on the 08?

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Nope ..... im a bit miffed @ that too because my Mini cooper S had it. And after the BS the stealers gave me about my CTR beeing a "high car jack" risk in Manchester, you would think they would lock auto !:(
Why would the dealers tell you that when yhere trying to sell you a car? Its a great selling point lol.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I miss this feature lots, it saved my skin and I don't know what I'd have done without it. However I've gotten into the habit of locking the doors as tyurn the key, my hand hits the door lock then presses the button, almost second nature now.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts