2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just picked up my SECOND civic really pleased with it the dealer was great after my last one expired!!!!
Just tried to do the auto door locking at 10 MPH like I did with my last car and I'm not getting the secong beep when holding down the lock button? Any clues??:confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cosnicgirl, I think on another thread it states that the 2007 civic does not allow this where as the 2006 model does. Do you know which model you have now. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
The 2007 model has a sticker instead of badging so I would say that yours is a 2007 model, in which case I believe that the Auto Lock setting has been removed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help,:) I looked at the main link in "How To" and they explained about the 2007 model, i wish they hadn't removed it as I felt safer in town especially when you stop at traffic lights.:(
But i'm lovin the new car!!!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Thanks for your help,:) I looked at the main link in "How To" and they explained about the 2007 model, i wish they hadn't removed it as I felt safer in town especially when you stop at traffic lights.:(
But i'm lovin the new car!!!
Try to lock your car as matter of nature before you start the engine, it's what I always did just in case (living in the centre of Manchester where there was a spate of car jackings)
Once you get used to it, it becomes 2nd nature.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Try to lock your car as matter of nature before you start the engine, it's what I always did just in case (living in the centre of Manchester where there was a spate of car jackings)
Once you get used to it, it becomes 2nd nature.
Thats the best way Gav, just train yourself to do it, i don't even realise i do it now and wonder why i can't get out when i've stopped!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Nobody really knows for sure (and remember it was never actually "in" the 06 model - it was hidden) but it is most likely to do with it's behaviour in an accident.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When picking up my new Civic on friday the dealer said it has auto-locking doors but that they don't turn it on by default!

He told me I could look in the book to see how to do it if I wanted...

·
Registered
16 Posts
When picking up my new Civic on friday the dealer said it has auto-locking doors but that they don't turn it on by default!

He told me I could look in the book to see how to do it if I wanted...
well... look in the book, and tell us how to [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone know the handeling to activate the automatic door lock on the 2007 model, just let us know!! :) I got yesterday my 2007 Civic and I also cannot get it work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts