2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and found that this has been discussed before and was seemingly dismissed as not possible.
On my old car the windows used to go up automatically when the lock button was pressed and held.
Would it not be possible to wire the window regulator into the lock solenoid or even the system that flashes the lights 3 times on locking. If these arent powerful enough actually shut the windows could they be useda s a trigger to a capacitor that is?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I would like an answer to this question as well :)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
My megane put the windows up when the car was locked, if car wasnt locked by the key the car would automaticaly lock after a few mins and put the windows up. It is possible to do it, just not sure how it would be achieved in the civic?? Who knows, I will ask around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm figuring a wire from the remote sensor (which would normall dead lock the car) would do the trick wired into the full window retract option would work (this already works when the car is off) so no additional power is needed - just a trigger to tell it to retract all the way.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
You can get add ons for most alarms that do this, but I havent had time to find the details of the civic alarm to see if it can be added.

Anyone know the make and model of the alarm?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
My 53 plate corsa used to do this, after an aftermarket alarm i fitted, many alarms can be wired to do this quite easily if the module allows it and the wirer has the know how :)

Good luck on doing it, let me know if you find an easier way as im interested!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts