2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks ....my 9th gen 1.6 diesel has developed the aforementioned issue.
A symbol with an A struck out and a battery symbol underneath is displayed.
The car is running fine though.
Have any of you guys experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked the battery voltage was 11.99 V ...I started up the engine and the battery reads 14.3V as expected ....Switched off the engine and the voltage is 12.4V and gradually decreasing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...I got the battery checked out at the garage. They say it's OK for another while. Meanwhile the fault seems to be gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long did they have it for? I wouldn't be suprised if they whacked it on charge for a little while :)

Keep an eye out for long cranks and auto stop not working in case it makes its way out again!
No I was right beside the mechanic when he checked it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 1.8 occasionally refuses to engage stop start and displays the battery symbol on the central display. It's always done this - I think the system is very sensitive to battery voltage to ensure the car restarts so if the voltage is even slightly low, stop start won't work. If you have problems starting from cold or the system consistently refuses to work perhaps time for a new battery but otherwise I'd just take the car on a few longer drives to charge the battery properly.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
My 1.6 diesel stop-start last month decided not to work, if only we could turn it off by choice - permanently. Now during the lockdown I had still tried to give it a run down the motorway but this was not enough it seems. Now that the restrictions have loosened I have a few more Km on the clock and the stop-start is operating as designed, unfortunately my aircon is now not working and I am dreading a large bill.
But it can wait.
On top of that a neighbour decided to reverse into the passenger door.
Yes it was a she and yes she had sensors on her SUV!!!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
first, a volt drop when starting the car is expected. big amps needed to crank the engine over and will result in what you think is low volts. volts will slightly&slowly drop (and eventually stabilise) immediately after charge too.
stop/start system is (arguably overly-)sensitive to voltage. mine started to not kick in early this year due to a change of work hours at work (so 25mins down to 12-15 mins commute). obviously that was enough to keep the battery charged enough to be reliable start every day, but not enough to enable start/stop.
manually charged it with a mains charger, low & behold, start/stop kicks in the next time i'm out in it.

·
4,219 Posts
A technique that worked most of the time on my 10G (but I don't know whether it is applicable to others) was to turn on the ignition, wait about 1/2 second, then hit the start button again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts