2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is there any way to get the wing mirrors on the 10th Gen to automatically close when you lock the doors?

Cheers!

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any way to get the wing mirrors on the 10th Gen to automatically close when you lock the doors?

Cheers!

Adam
Using the key fob, press the lock button twice and hold the button down and door mirrors will fold in also any open windows and sunroof will close. Also on the EX or Prestige same action can be done pressing the black button on either the front passenger and driver's door handles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the Keyless entry versions, press the black button on the door handle to lock the door and then press it again to fold in the wing mirrors. This settings needs to be enabled in the vehicle settings on the radio first I believe. Posting this as my dealer didn't even know this existed...

·
4,245 Posts
Why the mirrors don't fold/unfold with the lock/unlock command, I don't know, but I had my wing mirrors do that on my previous cars and my wife's Jazz, and it is an immediate visual indication that the car is locked.
The current way, you can unlock the car and leave it with the wing mirrors folded.
I can understand the need to press and hold to work the windows/sunroof, but not the mirrors. Why would you want to leave them unfolded when you lock the car?

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Do all 10G Civics have folding mirrors regardless of trim spec?
As stated mirror folding is done in conjunction with activation of the deadlocks(double locking).
Also as stated I believe I have seen an option in the extensive settings menu in regards to the folding mirrors, but not completely sure about that.

·
4,245 Posts
Keeps the mirrors out for washing, but keeps secure whilst I'm off digging though buckets of chemicals :p
Well, lock the car, dig through your buckets and when you return, just unlock the car and open the driver's door. That's solved your problem.:grin2:

I still cannot see one circumstance where you would need the mirrors out with the car locked and if you were working on the car, what's wrong with having it unlocked?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Do all 10G Civics have folding mirrors regardless of trim spec?.

No, lower grades don't have electric folding mirrors.

Also as stated I believe I have seen an option in the extensive settings menu in regards to the folding mirrors, but not completely sure about that.

There are no options in the vehicle settings to change how mirror fold works.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
No, lower grades don't have electric folding mirrors.
In that case maybe the car being asked about by the OP does not actually have folding mirrors. He never stated his reason for asking the question.

I will need to have a look though my settings again because like the other person who mentioned it I thought I had seen something regarding folding mirrors. Probably not though. :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can understand the need to press and hold to work the windows/sunroof, but not the mirrors. Why would you want to leave them unfolded when you lock the car?
When its snowing and freezing When the snow freezes onto the mirror and they're closed I think it can damage the motor mechanism. Same as with the windscreen wipers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts