2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a crack on my windowscreen for some time now, not the biggest although I have been finding it difficult to find the time to get it done. Over the last week, it has.......... grown, probably around the 12" length now so I decided to get it booked in for replacement (guy is coming on Saturday morning)

My auto-wiper have suddenly started playing up (almost as soon as the crack expanded) They seem to stay on for longer periods and are stopping in weird places (always above the area that is cracked)

I have read threads concerning the wiper motor issues that can cause similar issues although I am wondering if its at all possible that the LEDS are confused by the crack and not able to judge where the stop point is?

Any opinions greatly received.

Merry Christmas :D

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I have had a crack on my windowscreen for some time now, not the biggest although I have been finding it difficult to find the time to get it done. Over the last week, it has.......... grown, probably around the 12" length now so I decided to get it booked in for replacement (guy is coming on Saturday morning)

My auto-wiper have suddenly started playing up (almost as soon as the crack expanded) They seem to stay on for longer periods and are stopping in weird places (always above the area that is cracked)

I have read threads concerning the wiper motor issues that can cause similar issues although I am wondering if its at all possible that the LEDS are confused by the crack and not able to judge where the stop point is?

Any opinions greatly received.

Merry Christmas :D
the auto sensor is at top of screen in middle under interior rear view mirror casing, if screen has crack at this point it could cause all kinds of issues with wiping,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts