2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very unsure how I would get on with auto wipers, being very fussy about the speed of my wipers, especieally over use. I hate nothing more than when people put their wipers on full speed as soon as a bit of light drizzle hits the screen! I was scared the auto wipers would do the same!

Although we have had this 'prolonged dry spell' here in the South East, I have had the chance to use the car in the rain a couple of times. I must say I am really impressed! I had to turn the sensitivity most of the way down, but it really is great! I occasionally turn them off when there is very light misty drizzly stuff, which keeps getting wiped and just ends up smearing as it is not wet enough. :roll: :p

I also really love;
Auto lights (although I would prefer they came on a bit earlier at dusk)
Electric folding mirrors
Hidden rear door handles
'Engine Start' button
drilled pedals
Twin exhaust
Cruise control (which I have never seen on a manual before!)
6 speed box
Cool dash and instruments
Glass roof
vast boot

Just made me realise what a cool car this is! : :)

So what are your civic highlights? What's the first thing you show (off) when giving you tour to people?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I already saw the cruise control on the chrysler neon manual, 6 years ago ...
But agree with you :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I agree with all of the above - you missed one thing though, not only is the front-profile of the Civic so cool the way the headlights go right across the front (Battlestar Galactica Cylon-look), the side profile of this car is what I've had most people comment on - it's one of the few cars on the market where the amazing concept-car drawings you saw months/years ago actually made it into full production. People actually say it looks like a concept-car and not a production model.

The sheer amount of space in the boot and in the cabin still amazes me, it really is a tardis in there for a car that has quite a short profile length. My wife actually commented yesterday that the rear of mine was level with her Citroen C3 on the drive and when she looked at the front of them both the Civic is the same length yet she can't understand (and neither can I) how we have such a big boot and all that legroom inside...

·
estranged
391 Posts
Another vote for that lovely diesel engine.

It's so powerful, and quiet, that I've had to activate the speed warnings to ensure I remain points-free!

The VSA is another marvel. There's a pronounced dip on the M23-M25 East slipway, that used to cause my Mondeo (2.0 turbo diesel, a fine car) front wheels to 'scrabble' as it went over it. The Civic just sails over it.

I also had the rear parking sensors fitted last friday... well worth the money.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
It has to be the front view of the car, it seems to be snarling, the best point is when you are level with the front wheel and you can just see the curve of the headlight disappearing across the front. I had the City Pack fitted, I think the corner bumper protectors look like it has horns. As for other features, blue LED footwell lights and the main light retro-fit.

But the best thing, the way it makes you feel when you walk up to it, i have started parking in furthest corners of car parks, not only to prolong its dent free existence but also to give me longer to admire it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree with Richierich....I tend to park in the furthest corner of carparks. Its worth the walk just to avoid having someone dent the car as they get out of theirs. I'm not too proud of this but once or twice when I'm in a particularly empty part of the car park I'll take up two sapce just for extra safety. I hate parking at work because we have one of those car parks that's always packed and has really narrow paking spaces.
The thing that people usually coment on first when they sit into the car would have to be the dash tho.
I also agree with the Tardis comment. there must be some stage of the production proces that involves black magic or parallel universes!!! Someday I'll open the glovebox and find myself staring into a rift in the the time/space continuem!

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The look on the face of the driver behind when your entering a slip road, he's 2 inches from the back of your car and you put your foot down. It's a kind of "****, where did that go" look :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hartside said:
The look on the face of the driver behind when your entering a slip road, he's 2 inches from the back of your car and you put your foot down. It's a kind of "****, where did that go" look :lol: :lol:
know how you feel hartside :lol: had some sort of seat up my ass this morning
gave a little blip you could see the look "whats under that bonnet" i didnt wellie it or
anything :lol: amazing cannot wait till she's loosened up 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
bigal said:
Hartside said:
You want to get a cycle that suits you better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
basegreen said:
bigal said:
Hartside said:
got 2 slow as f**k but :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
bigal said:
basegreen said:
bigal said:
Hartside said:
got 2 slow as f**k but :D
just clicked there :oops: :oops: a seat motor car brum brum :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Made me think of the old yellow pages advert............ "I was right about that saddle"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts