2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auto wipers have gone a bit mad... they still keep on running even after the stalk has been moved to the OFF position.
Sometimes they stop in the middle of the windscreen.
Flicking the stalk up to try and do a single wipe results in the wipers doing about 10 wipes!
Looks like the gremlins have invaded.
I've called the dealer up as its under warranty and the service chap went ' Hmm... looks like the wiper motor needs to be replaced but we'll need to investigate it before ordering the part '
So been booked in for next week Tuesday to 'investigate'

Anyone else had this issue resolved by wiper motor replacement?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know... common sense and logic dictates that the stalk switch is not cutting off the power to the motor..
unless there is some component within the wiper motor assembly that handles this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the linky Wire_Gal. The good thing from this is that I'm not going to be driving the civic until it goes in to dealer and is fixed ... because I get to drive my Scooby Legacy wooohoooo
Hear the rumble lol

·
<3
2,103 Posts
thanks for the linky Wire_Gal. The good thing from this is that I'm not going to be driving the civic until it goes in to dealer and is fixed ... because I get to drive my Scooby Legacy wooohoooo
Hear the rumble lol

NP! [smilie=gt-happyup.: Every cloud eh! :D:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So.. latest on this.
Car's been to the dealers yesterday and they're going to put a claim in for the wiper motor to be replaced under warranty.
They have also put a claim in for both front dampers to be replaced under warranty. Very unusual as the car's only done 28k miles on m-ways mainly.
Also wanted to replace my rear brake pads at a cost of £244 !!! Heck no way I''m paying that much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pricey brakes indeed... I'll ask them why I'm being asked to pay £244 when Fixed Price is £95 when I take it back to get the wiper motor and dampers replaced.
and also looks like their Fixed Prices have gone up a bit from what I had before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts