2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, just bought a 2006 es, nice low mileage car but for some reason cant get the auto wipers to work, tried all ways but no joy, any ideas before I take it back to be sorted sensor is clean and we have had enough rain to make them work but nothing ??

·
Registered
583 Posts
may sound silly but do you have the wipers set on auto and the dial turned to max sensitivity?

The top setting is a push up flick wipe, then there is an off setting then auto then slow and fast wiper speeds, the wiper stalk has small to larger white oblong strips with is the auto sensitivity, turn it to the largest max setting.

Ps I think there is an intermittent setting too, now i'm getting confused lol!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
HI, just bought a 2006 es, nice low mileage car but for some reason cant get the auto wipers to work, tried all ways but no joy, any ideas before I take it back to be sorted sensor is clean and we have had enough rain to make them work but nothing ??
Are you driving or stationary? I think there is a minimum speed before they kick in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have realised as well as the auto wipers not working the auto lights dont seem to work either is there some way they both have been disabled ?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Have you checked the fuse for the Auto-wipers/lights sensor?

If the fuse is fine I'd guess either a faulty sensor unit or a loose connection somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still no joy with the wipers and now know the auto lights and heated rear screen dont work so car has been into main dealer and they think its something called MIC or MCI unit which is somewhere near the fuse box and is some sort of control box, waiting to hear if they will do it under warrenty. Has anyone heard of this or know anything about it ......TA !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no not yet still waiting for main dealers to get back to me , will post when i find out something

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Try to find out if your car has had a new windscreen fitted,the plug for the sensor may not be connected or the cable damaged when screen cut out.(seen this before).
Most auto glazing companies dont use manafacturer window`s when fitting new one`s check bottom right hand of screen to see if it`s a honda window (saving insurance companies money).worth a try before dealers want to start charging for new electronic part`s.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi,

I've had this same problem on my '09 Accord. Rain sensor stopped working and the car switched to interval.

The sensor did not appear to be faulty. It was not a faulty fuse either.

The solution was to take out the multiplexor control unit and leave it disconnected for a while. After reconnecting it all worked like new.

Hope this helps for you as well... Good luck!
Maybe disconnecting the battery over night will also help...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts